Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
I've completed two builds in the last two months using the NZXT M59. There's room behind the motherboard for cables and the interior isn't too shabby either. A great combination of style functionality and price. I really enjoyed working with it and would recommend it to my future customers that are looking for a low budget case.
Thanks for the recommendation, mo power!

That case is at a local store or they stock it so at least I can take a look. The price is also pretty good. It will be a contender when I build my 'cheap' computer.

I might be able to make do with the 300 but it's definitely not a fav despite the low price. I'll have some extension cables and will try the 'backwards drives' setup and see what other innovative ideas one can come up with. I probably won't get a new case for at least a month but it's good to have some candidates since things can change. :)
Old April 26, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I used non-modular psu's in both builds and I had no problem routing the 24 pin right side mid-motherboard and the 8 pin EPS top left corner on the motherboard behind the motherboard tray. YMMV. It even comes with mounting hardware for an ssd.

Here'a link to the review that sold me on the case.

NZXT M59 - 001BK Review - Overclockers Club

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old April 26, 2011, 09:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

YouTube - Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 Product Showcase
Old April 28, 2011, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Sata cables are just covered by my hard drive ;). They go underneath the bottommost drive and around the bend to go back behind the drive tray. Couldn't get a good picture of them since my other cables are covering them. Not sure if this pic helps. (Also, the 'sandwich' for the fan is how a Noctua D14 normally is, nothing special to it.) With a little patience, I'm sure you'll be able to get it to your satisfaction.
I have a question:

Do you know how long your SATA cables are? I figure 10" to 18" wouldn't be long enough to do that trick? :)

Just curious of you who have your drives going in backwards, what size of SATA cable is needed? I thought you might need it a bit longer for it to go around the bend or?

I also don't have right-angle ones and it is really annoying. :)
Old April 28, 2011, 02:21 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Had no problem with my 690 II
Old April 28, 2011, 03:38 PM
Banned

I still don't see how you get TWO ATX power connectors on the left side of the mobo which is where they are on my mobo. They're nearest to the exhaust fan on the Antec 300 on the left side in which there's rarely any holes for cabling.

I like that NZXT has the cut-out where the cpu fan/aftermarket heatsink would go as I understand that allows you to assemble it or take it apart without taking the mobo out? Also, they painted it black for you which is minor but something.

I'm starting to dislike Antec as a company that skimps out and doesn't go the extra mile if you will on any of their products especially cases. I'm sure glad I didn't save up and buy a 1200 or smth when I was considering full towers. I just never had enough and decided to put the $$ on smth else and ended up buying the 300 for $50.

There's no cut-out on my Antec 300 case since it's not the 'revised' version (I read there's a new ver. with the cut-out). They could have drilled a few oval holes around the case, too, but were too cheap to do that even.

I just don't know how I'm going to route the power cables to get them to the left side without them going over a good deal of the mobo.

If you have any cases w/ PSU mounted at the bottom and power connectors on the mobo at the left-hand side and SATA connectors facing the mobo (not at right-angles or edge of the mobo), then pls post pics! :D The combo of this hardware isn't good for cabling, I'm finding. I didn't really think about all this prior to putting parts together but in retrospect, I should have put more thought into the case and modded it if need be.

Ugh!