Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'll have to rip it apart first before I got some pics of it finished. New hardware comming hopefully this week sometime.

Along the end of the MB area are little loops that you can run tie wraps through, as well as lots all along the rear of the MB Tray for cables behind the case as well.
As for your Cables, you could technicall drop it from the top if your cables were long enough (I used my Last extension on my HAF build or I would not have run the power cable on the front of the MB.

The HDD Cage is actually closer to the door allowing 1 3/4 inches of room to stash cables behind it. Which is were most of them went.
I still have work to do on it so..

And I don't host these images. I upload from my computer.

I still think for the cost the A90 is worth it. It mounts 2 120mm Up front (1 is included) and with the direction the HDD cage is, the airflow is greatly increased.
A 200mm Sits up top (nice and quiet), 1 120mm for the rear, and 1 120mm on the side.
Keeps the whole system nice and cool. Like any cable management it takes time and paitence. This one was only done in 1 hour so, and now its torn down again for new hardware.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 24, 2011, 02:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
I find it a bit difficult to see how you managed the cabling. :)

Edit: ST, let me know if I am incorrect, but on 2nd look, your system looks convenient to manage cabling especially with your case if there's already pre-drilled holes or there is a design to allow for cables to go.

My problem is that my case being an Antec 300 w/ Corsair HX520 PSU and mobo that has the POWER connectors (on the mobo) at or very near the exhaust fan (side). How on earth do I get them there (WITHOUT going over top the mobo)? Does that help describe my dilemma???? :-(

The PSU at the bottom of the case means I need to direct a 24-pin and 8-pin power ATX cable somehow to the top left corner of the case/mobo. :-/

Here's a newbie question: how does one post pictures? You use an image hosting site? Which one does HC recommend to use?

I am not sure how one would do a good job with cable management with an Antec 300.... looking forward to seeing krajee's pictures. Hope they're clear. :)

The HAF 912 is $60! Is it better for cable management compared to the HAF 922, CM 690 II, K62, A90 and 600T? It sure is an inviting price but I'll go up to $100 easy if the design is good.

Why do you guys prefer a case over another? I would choose cable management and fan options as my priority. I will have quite a few 120mm fans now. Can I use them for the new case? I suppose if I have some left over (not sure if these other cases use other sizes like 200mm or 140mm), I can keep them for a spare computer. I'll be re-using the Antec 300 for an older computer eventually so it even makes me more frustrated! I *still* have to deal with this case! One good part of that, though, is that I will have a chance to go to work. LOL! Dremel or????

Anyways, thanks for the recommendations! How does the HAF 912 compare to the 922? The HAF 922 is in a local store so if I go with the 912 instead, if there are some similarities, I can go take a look and have an idea.

Sorry for the long posts! I thought I solved the air cooling/cable management issues with the Antec 300! How wrong I was! The cooling might be adequate but with a PSU with short cables and no real design for cable management, it is more of a project that I wanted. The other search will be for a modular PSU with super long cables! :D
You can host images on HWC itself by using the VBImage host link in the upper L/H menu bar. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

check this
Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Old April 24, 2011, 09:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure if this helps but this is my setup. Liberal use of zip ties from the psu to behind the hdd bay to hold all your cables in place. pull the 24pin/pcie up vertically and tie again and go across horizontally. The only thing I'm a bit unhappy with is the hard drives since they have a bit of play in them since they're only held in with 2 screws on either side. As for the usb/headphone jack, theres enough space to pull them between the motherboard and tray if you're so inclined. Just be careful to not bend/screw up the underside of your board. Since they're so short thats the only way to hide them since modding isn't an option. If you have flat wires for the 8pin, its possible to pull it under the mobo again. Other than that, there's not much you can do.

Old April 25, 2011, 01:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

CroSsFiRe2009's looks way better than mine, so I'm embarrassed to show my image...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
My problem is that my case being an Antec 300 w/ Corsair HX520 PSU and mobo that has the POWER connectors (on the mobo) at or very near the exhaust fan (side). How on earth do I get them there (WITHOUT going over top the mobo)? Does that help describe my dilemma???? :-(
The only way to do that would be to make holes or get an extension. Alternatively, if you look at ST's images, you can see that the eps connector actually goes between the graphics card and mobo. That's probably the cleanest you can do without a lot of extra work.
Old April 25, 2011, 09:26 AM
Banned

Those cases look so clean and well cabled. So, are they all tied together on the other side of the case or what?

I have a huge nest right now but I ordered the extension cables for my 24-pin and 8-pin ATX connectors. I think that will at least let me re-route it somewhere else other than across the mobo. It was either that or get a new PSU which I don't want to get until I build the other computer.

I think the other cables I can manage but I don't know how you got rid of your SATA data cables! :D I only have the legacy (?) SATA drives still. I have the SATA and power cables all over... (mostly yellow or red). I guess with some work, I can hide some of these cables and others behind stuff through the holes etc.

I have quite a few zip ties and I guess some will be used to tie the fan to the heat sink. Crossfire, that's intriguing how one fan is sandwiched?!? :-)

I hope ties are ok to use since they have to go all the way around?

Anyway, I am just waiting for the extension cables to start the 'neat, clean' cabling. I have a mess right now... lol!
Old April 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh, Mine isnt' anywhere near as neat as it could be but thats because stuff was comming in and out of that case a few times. Once the new Card comes in and gets installed I'll take some new pictures.

Another consideration would be a NZXT Tempest EVO.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 25, 2011, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sata cables are just covered by my hard drive ;). They go underneath the bottommost drive and around the bend to go back behind the drive tray. Couldn't get a good picture of them since my other cables are covering them. Not sure if this pic helps. (Also, the 'sandwich' for the fan is how a Noctua D14 normally is, nothing special to it.) With a little patience, I'm sure you'll be able to get it to your satisfaction.

As for another case, I'm partial to the 690II since it looks pretty good imo. I'd also like to point out that you should try and pick a case that looks good to you or at least has a good compromise between looks/cables. All the great cable management in the world will do nothing if you hate the look of your case. Just my 2 cents

Old April 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
Banned

Crossfire, so your drives are in BACKWARDS, basically? I've seen that before in pictures. I use Google images and type in my hardware hoping to get some other ideas. :)

I wouldn't have thought of that... is it pretty easy to do? That is one of the problems I have with this mobo. The SATA ports are not at right angles at the edge of the mobo or at the edge of the mobo at all. It's the old style facing up although it's near a corner it's not any help. I don't think there's any way to be very clean with SATA cables coming up from it.

My point is the design of the mobo didn't have cable management or efficiency in mind. That ok, though. 'Have to deal with what I have and if there's any shortcuts or innovative ideas like putting drives in backwards, I would like to try it. :)

I am ordering the extension cables to hopefully re-route and have them out of the way. One problem is that my mobo and heat sink is very high and there's very little room at the top for routing a cable above. I notice on other cases and in pictures, there's some room there for a cable to go along. But, I don't know if I'll have that room.

I guess no owners of P5Q series are reading this thread? I am just wondering where the best place is for the 24-pin ATX power cable would be and where I should route it. I thought it might have to loop around and stay on the left side which would be a shorter route but I can more easily tape it down and with zip ties.
Old April 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've completed two builds in the last two months using the NZXT M59. There's room behind the motherboard for cables and the interior isn't too shabby either. A great combination of style functionality and price. I really enjoyed working with it and would recommend it to my future customers that are looking for a low budget case.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)