Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2011, 08:07 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NZXT H2 Silent Mid Tower Case Video Review

The silent PC market doesn't exactly cut the same imposing figure as products focusing on "gamers" but it is expanding nonetheless. Many cases which try to take advantage of this increasing popularity are usually quite expensive and yet NZXT's H2 chassis is trying to break this trend. Priced at a mere $99, we have some high expectations for it bu... [ Read full article ]
Old March 24, 2011, 08:26 PM
Top Prospect

No power or HDD LEDs? Excellent review by the way. Only wish you also made short version video reviews for video cards and such. I often skip to the conclusions when I'm not interested in the specifics, and if I'm not really buying, but just keeping up with the trends.
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 @1600 MHz
WD Caviar Green 500GB
Windows 7 64bit
Old March 24, 2011, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Power and HDD leds are essentially useless.

Most people are running 1 or more hdds in their system and the hdd led only works for 1 hard drive.
Power led? I'm pretty sure by all the flashing lights on a computer and whirring fans you can tell its on.

I never personally use ANY leds.
Old March 25, 2011, 04:07 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I seem some potential design flaws with those front fan setups.
Old March 25, 2011, 08:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting case, too bad I have a Fractual R3 already. Some of it's feature seem somewhat useful when using it as a home-server, namely the access to hard drives from the front. However it should have a hot-swap backplane of sorts though.
Old March 25, 2011, 11:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Seems like the Fractal R series somewhat. I like the design, but it is missing a few things that would put it ahead. The fractal looks nicer and is already established in this area. They're very close though. They need the toolless option and to make the front piece match or drop the price $10.
Old March 25, 2011, 04:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

this review was dope! i agree, it could have been so much better.
Old March 25, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

reminds me a bit of my trusty ol' P180.
Old March 26, 2011, 02:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NZXT really ruins every good product they bring out by trying to make them inexpensive.

I got the phantom because it's sooooo amazing looking and had some nice offerings (fan controller, etc), but I keep wishing they had upped build quality and filters. I would have paid the extra money to get a better quality product.

Sigh... they have such great potential and then ruin it by saying "how cheap can we make this?"
Old March 26, 2011, 02:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
NZXT really ruins every good product they bring out by trying to make them inexpensive.

I got the phantom because it's sooooo amazing looking and had some nice offerings (fan controller, etc), but I keep wishing they had upped build quality and filters. I would have paid the extra money to get a better quality product.

Sigh... they have such great potential and then ruin it by saying "how cheap can we make this?"
Exact same gripe with every NZXT product I've owned, especially the Lexa S. Now my Silverstone FT03 can join them...