Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2011, 09:53 AM
Rookie

Default NZXT limited in Canada

EDIT
-------

Ncix actually has a fair bit - just wondering what's with other retailers having a lot less. Newegg has nzxt cases for the US - but not for Canada. Canada computers seems to have made most nzxt cases available in store - but not online.

Must be some sort of agreement - Doesn't work well for us in terms of competitive pricing.

------------

Just wondering if anyone knows the story.

Newegg, ncix, canada computers, others - It seems that nzxt cases etc are being held back from the Canadian market. Probably a distribution thing maybe? I mean - one of the best little form factor cases - the vulcan - where do you get it in stock?

It just seems that NZXT has a problem when it comes to canadian availability / presence at online retailers.

Thoughts?

Last edited by jonnyrockets; March 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: a little extreme - saying problems with availability
Old March 15, 2011, 11:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

From what I understand...

Usually retailers get a giant list of goodies to choose from, from a wholesaler for resale; of course this list is dependant on what the manufacturer will sell to said wholesaler/retailer, which I'm sure is somewhat based off of demand for the product.

If there is a particular item you are looking for, perhaps contact your favorite local dealer, and see if they can order it for you.

Or better yet, contact the manufacturer directly, they can tell you whom to buy from, or give you info in regards to availability.

Then again I'm no expert, but this is some info I've learned in the past, and I could be wrong.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:11 PM
Rookie

Well, being a fair sized reseller I can tell you that the entire line of NZXT cases are available in Canada. I cant speak for Canada Computers, but when I bring in a new line of cases I don't usually bring it all in at once. I look at the line and based off what I am already selling, try to pick models that I think my customers will like. If clients start asking about a particular model that I am not carrying I start bringing it in. Every buyer has to make choices... no one can carry everything in stock. I suggest you go to your local shop and as them for pricing on the Vulcan and for an ETA if you order it. They should be able to provide you with that info.
Old March 17, 2011, 02:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

don't know if these are the cases you're looking for...

From what I can see on Memory Express.com's website; they have both the NZXT Phantom black and white available (though the white version is currently unavailable online), for $159.99.
Here's a link to their site NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Black at Memory Express Computers

Also; don't know when you were looking for the NZXT cases, but ncix.com has the black, white and red versions in stock NCIX.com - Computer Cases Corsair, LIAN-LI, COOLERMASTER, Antec, Silverstone Technology - in Canada

Homer J. Simpson
Old March 17, 2011, 09:00 AM
Allstar

I belive Tigerdirect.ca also carries a few NZXT models.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N

Tags
nzxt