Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14, 2011, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Raven RV02 or NZXT Phantom

Alright guys what do you think is better. The RV02 has a pretty cool design and it makes sense cooling wise but which one will give me better cooling performance?

Noise is not a huge issue as long as it doesn't sound like an airplane taking off.
Old March 14, 2011, 08:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i dont know about the nzxt case but i have a rv-02-e myself and love it
if you are going to be or are running a dual card setup be sure to get the E case as it was revised to have enough room between the hd cages and the second card.
with the 3 180 mm fans and 3 120 mm fans i have added my radeon 4890 ramping up to about 40% is louder than all my case fans turned up.
cable management is a little tricky as there isnt very much room between the back cover and the inside wall of the chassis.
and last but not least if you get one with a window. the window is on the opposite side so if you want to look into it all the time be prepared to rethink your entire desk setup
Old March 14, 2011, 10:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

RV02 hands down. Bought the case in the middle of last year, and it's honestly one of the best cases I've used.

Only gripe I've had with it is the hard drive cage, but that looks to be fixed with the RV02-E.
Old March 14, 2011, 10:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

I have to agree with the previous posters, the RV02 was hands down one of the BEST cases I have ever owned.

Old March 14, 2011, 11:10 AM
Top Prospect

why don't you wait till RV03 is released? it should be in the market pretty soon i believe
Old March 14, 2011, 11:17 AM
MVP

RV02 is miles better than the phantom at air cooling, however they are not even near the same pricepoint!
Old March 14, 2011, 11:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

the rv-03 does not look quiet
Old March 14, 2011, 11:51 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleo View Post
the rv-03 does not look quiet
we can only speculate but considering it's revised version of rv02, i don't think noise is going to be an issue, it's more compact and you can mount more fans to it ;)

I've considered RV02 myself but it was out of stock at a time =( so went with 600T.

but yeah of the two he's asking I'd go for RV02.

phantom is just not my cup of tea.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Although I will still say that the phantom is one of the most stylish PC cases I have liked, I'd have bought the raven RV01 over the phantom if I had know it existed. Still, the rv02 is not a full sized case, unlike the phantom, and you'll have to weigh that out. I would suggest the rv01 over the phantom, but the rv02 vs the phantom? It depends on if you need the extra features of the phantom or not. Still, the 90 degree mounting for the mobo is just an amazing idea and super effective at cooling.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

there are 2 ravens in this house. the old lady wanted a case just like mine but they were out of stock. she ended up liking the rv-01.
much of it comes down to what you want to put into it JJ.
what are your future plans? dual video card setup or just one.
to me that rv-03 case looks rushed. past expeirence has taught me that fans behind plastic covers creates more noise. and i dont know if the cooling will be as great with all them fans blowing in different directions.
oh and i think that top is fugly.... but that's me