Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2011, 05:43 PM
MVP

the HAF912 comes with one or 2 front 120mm fans (depending on which box u are getting) and a standard real 120mm. Its a great case, but it rly comes to life when u add more fans!

the silverstone is meh imo, just that compared to other silverstone cases its alot cheaper so basically its like ur getting a Hyundai with beemer badges at a Hyundai price, if u care for the badges but dont need a beemer then fine.

The Z9 PLUS actually comes with 4 fans (1 front, 1 rear, 1 top, 1 side), and it even has a temp sensor and a black interior and decent cabling for 55$. Some srs value there, just the styling is hideous according to me but some people might like it. One thing with this case tho, if u plan on not adding fans, transfer the top exhust fan to the side window intake to make a net positive pressure. This should help keep dust out a little better and since hot air rises it should easly get expelled from the top without the help of fans anyways!

Z9 or HAF912 are both great choices. You can't go wrong either one is fine!
Old March 13, 2011, 05:49 PM
MVP

the SST-PS04B can take coolers to 161mm so the H212+ should fit within a mm...

thing is this case only comes with ONE fan and can only be expanded to a maximum of TWO unless you hardmod some fan holes with a saw or something....

also apparently the metal is really thin and the plastic is very cheapesque, basically never heard of any1 who bought one and was happy unless they were hardcore case modders!

The SST-PS05B isn't as bad at cooling (with the addition of a few fans as it only has 1 rear exhaust fan stock) as the 04 and is currently on special, however it has the exact same terrible cable management and build quality, not to mention cpu cooler clearance of 160mm is quite tight!

Last edited by BrutalGreen; March 13, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old March 13, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You realize that you can place the 200mm side fan of the Azza 910 on the outside right? I'd take the just because of the amount of fans that come stock and the fact that you can ghetto cool your components by strapping extra fans to the 5.25 hd cage. The entire front panel of the case is meshed and dust proof...

And cable management isn't that bad...

Plus, it's $40 something dollars + MIR on sale at NCIX right now.

-Plato
Old March 13, 2011, 06:58 PM
MVP

I agree if u don't mind repositioning or removing the sidefan of the helios its an amazing case (used to have an i7 in one) for 40$. But i personally care about aesthetics (removing the side fan would have gotten rid of the awesome LEDs) so ended up never touching the side panel fan and kept the stock intel cooler with only a minor OC on my cpu till I sold the build a few months back.
Old March 13, 2011, 07:35 PM
Rookie

Thanks for all the advice guys. The 910 does look good, but again, I hate MIR, its $75 after taxes but when/if I do get the MIR, it would be $55 taxes in, so pretty good.

z9 plus is good, but stock only in BC. Anyone order a store pickup in Markham or Scarborough from BC warehouse stock? If so, how long did it take, since the website says ship in 1-2 days.

912 is my choice for now since it is in stock at Infonec for $48 and well recommended by most people in this forum, but I would get the Z9 in a heart beat for an extra $9 since it has 4 fans and the temp display if only it was in stock in Toronto.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:08 PM
Rookie

OK, so I bought the HAF 912 today, looks pretty nice. My question now is will the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 heatsink fit in this case with a Asus P8P67-M Pro MB?
Old March 16, 2011, 10:23 PM
MVP

Oh yeah no problem! even the big boys (NH-D14/Silver Arrow) will fit in this case, only problem might be tall ram... so the NH-U12P will have no issue.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The D14 don't really have issue with tall ram, you just have to up the 120mm fan a little.
Yeah, the HAF 912 will take even the bigger cooler, and the bigger graphic card too, it's a case with lot's of space for these kind of thing.