LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2011, 12:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Corsair 650D is a great case.
Old April 8, 2011, 01:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

drop the bottom mounted power supply and the silverstone raven is what i think your looking for.
radiators can be mounted underneath and out of sight under the 3 180 mm fans

Edit: sorry raven 2 E edition

Last edited by coleo; April 8, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old April 8, 2011, 04:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going against the norm and voting for two unlikely candidates.

Thermaltake Armor A90. It seriously took me a while before I would opt for a TT case again, however after reading, and reading and looking and reading I bought it.
I was seriously surprised that its build quality was up to such high standards these days. The Door feels very solid, you can have two 120's up front, and the drive bays are in line so they don't block airflow. At the back is another fan, PSU mounts on the bottom.
Cable management is above average and the cooling is perfect from my experience.

Going on the other end of the spectrum would be a NZXT Tempest EVO. Again this case has perfect cooling potential and has no problem when you pack it full of gear. Currently my last client build had 6 WD Blacks, 2 XFX 6850's , and a BE 970 AMD , all of it running cool and quiet.
It does get a little tight when you have 6 drives in there, but its well worth it still.

Both are mid tower options, just throwing them out there.

I can fire up some pics of the Armor if you'd like.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 8, 2011, 06:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I'm going against the norm and voting for two unlikely candidates.

Thermaltake Armor A90. It seriously took me a while before I would opt for a TT case again, however after reading, and reading and looking and reading I bought it.
I was seriously surprised that its build quality was up to such high standards these days. The Door feels very solid, you can have two 120's up front, and the drive bays are in line so they don't block airflow. At the back is another fan, PSU mounts on the bottom.
Cable management is above average and the cooling is perfect from my experience.

Going on the other end of the spectrum would be a NZXT Tempest EVO. Again this case has perfect cooling potential and has no problem when you pack it full of gear. Currently my last client build had 6 WD Blacks, 2 XFX 6850's , and a BE 970 AMD , all of it running cool and quiet.
It does get a little tight when you have 6 drives in there, but its well worth it still.

Both are mid tower options, just throwing them out there.

I can fire up some pics of the Armor if you'd like.

ST
Any Tt makes me go "lol? rly?" but man the tempest evo is srsly a good case...actually most NZXT cases around that price range are quite worthy!
Old April 8, 2011, 07:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleo View Post
drop the bottom mounted power supply and the silverstone raven is what i think your looking for.
radiators can be mounted underneath and out of sight under the 3 180 mm fans

Edit: sorry raven 2 E edition
Well the RV03 was just released like a day or so ago and I was looking at some videos of it, I have to say the styling of it is rather nice, and it seems to be one of the best if not best case for air cooling. Not too keen on not having a bottom mounted power supply though, and just the whole "everything is rotated 90 degrees" is hard to get used to when looking at pics of it with gear installed into it.

Right now I've sort of been waiting for the 600t white edition to come out, I think I'll end up going with that. Apparently it's using the now modified 200mm fans that they use in the 650d so it should result in better cooling. Still I'm somewhat worried about cooling, ideally the side panel would be used with the window and not to mount extra fans. Plus, the HDD cage being a tool less feature using plastic worries me for long term. I know coolermaster has the storm sniper but honestly I find the styling of it isn't for me.

Finally I'm considering the Antec 1200 v3. I find it looks gorgeous both inside and out, and the fact that everything isn't tool less is actually something I prefer about it. The cooling potential on that case seems great, and if the fans would be too loud I could just replace them anyways. Mostly I'm worried about cable management and being able to make a clutter free build and hiding all the wires, which would probably mean having to do a couple case mods. Also worried that the 24 pin mobo connector from my corsair ax850 wouldn't be long enough to reach seeing as the case is massive.

Right now those are the three cases I'm considering the most. Gonna give the ones you guys suggested a look though. Also in general, not really sure why either, but I'm not a huge fan of Cooler Master. Thanks for all the suggestions though guys!