Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2011, 06:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default HAF 922 Issue?

So I picked one of these up a couple of days ago and I'm wondering if I have a defective case or not?
Essentially the main issue is that the bottom 'shelf' where the PSU is housed and the extra fan is not firm. The PSU area is fine, however, the area where the extra intake fan would go is very flexible and will bounce up and down with minimal pressure at all. It's easy to notice it as there is a gap where the HDD cage meets that part of the case. If I push it up from the bottom to flatten it out, it just flexes back down after little movement.
This worries me as if I ever were to install a fan, I could see it possibly vibrating, furthermore, not sure if the case would be fully rigid with this.
Is this normal for this case as my CM690 which has a very similar style in the same area is perfectly solid as they used thicker steel.

Thanks.
Old February 21, 2011, 06:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I just poked around the bottom of my 922 that I bought back in late 09'ish, and mine did not flex as drastically as you'd described.
Old February 21, 2011, 06:35 PM
Banned
F@H

they probably used a much thinner sheet, shouldnt flex like that for a 100$ case.

see if you can get it changed

ps i do remember the last one i used seemed a little lighter but maybe i was just comparing to a heavier one
Old February 21, 2011, 07:18 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I just checked my 922 that I got last march and Im getting very little flex from pushing with my fingers, not even enough to get a gap of any sort between the hd cage and the bottom.

I would defiantly get ahold of a CM rep and find out if there is some sort of problem the case.
Old February 22, 2011, 06:07 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Crap, was hoping it was normal so I wouldn't have to rip apart the machine and rebuild it.
Guess I'll call CM tonight and see what they say. Might have to take the case back to NCIX. :(

I also find that both doors bow outwards too, so I have to push them in to close them, but I can live with that cause those are easy to replace.

Guess I probably just got a defective case.
Old February 22, 2011, 09:26 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
I also find that both doors bow outwards too, so I have to push them in to close them, but I can live with that cause those are easy to replace.
Are they screwed in tightly? My panels bow out too, but only when they weren't screwed in.
Old February 22, 2011, 09:40 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

They bow out before I can screw them in, so I have to push them in to align them, then when they are closed I can screw them in.
They basically don't slide in smoothly all the way unless I push them in.

I spoke to CM, they asked me to send some pictures and they will confirm whether or not the case has any issue or if it's the norm.

I will post them up here as well for everyone's perusal.
Old February 22, 2011, 04:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Here are the pictures:

http://i56.tinypic.com/4h7ebn.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2e6h350.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/24w7wvp.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/wme8pf.jpg
Old February 22, 2011, 04:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, that is quite a bow in the side panels.

Something might not have been fabbed right for your case. Hopefully you can get an RMA for it.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 22, 2011, 05:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm more concerned with the bottom of the case as that would require replacement of the entire case.
The panels can simply be swapped out by CM, so hopefully other fellow 922 owners can comment about the bottom of the case as well.

Thanks.