Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2011, 05:56 PM
Allstar

Default LD PC-V8

I'm considering order this beauty, but it's pretty dam expensive, $ 654 cdn , but honestly it's a dream case for WC... a SR-2 fit nicely inside.... I really dislike the MM case , but I like this one. a side of the price what do you think ?

LittleDevil's WaterCooled PC case LD PC-V8 - XtremeSystems Forums
Old February 13, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I actually dicsussed with him about dropping the price. but no dice. Seems pretty incredible + support for Sr-2. but 650 $ for a case... can't justify it.

I mean 400 $ I would think about it !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....

Last edited by matsta31; February 13, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old February 14, 2011, 09:01 AM

My System Specs

$720 + brokerage. You are likely looking at well over $800. NO case is worth that much.
Old February 14, 2011, 09:12 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
$720 + brokerage. .

that's the problem, if He send it with UPS or Fedex, those criminals will hit me hard with the brokerage fees, on the other hand send it non-insured make no sense too.
Old February 14, 2011, 09:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Far too expensive. The MM cases are overpriced as they are, but if given an option, I would look at the Lian-Li v2120 for HPTX.

The SR-2, even with the highest wattage xeon proc's out there.. doesn't need a lot of rad for watercooling. Most people reach their fsb limit on the motherboard before getting near temperatures that need watercooling - most high end air HSFs are enough. I guess there is a 'coolness' factor involved with watercooling an SR2 though.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 14, 2011, 09:35 AM
Allstar

Hummmmm, I should not have mention than a SR-2 fit inside, as it’s not what I want to install, I just order the new 990x at New Egg this morning and 3 x GTX 580 + 3 x EK water blocks, the rads will not be for extreme cooling but for silent cooling, I intend to use rad with low noise fans. Yes this case is expensive, but it’s my concern, the only thing that cool me down is the brokerage fees. And please don't tell me I should go with SB or wait for Ivy , my fiscal year finish the 28 of Febuary, I have to make the expenses before.
Old February 14, 2011, 09:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

well that's certainly the best of the best. I usually draw concern over going triple SLI, as most people have only found a 5-8% performance gain from 2 to 3 cards.. but it's your money. :)

It also depends on how much modding you can do / would want to do yourself. Lots of other (read: cheaper) cases can be had, and modified with extreme watercooling for much less. But if money is no object.. give 'er hell man - be sure to post a build log for this beast. :)

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 14, 2011, 09:52 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
well that's certainly the best of the best. I usually draw concern over going triple SLI, as most people have only found a 5-8% performance gain from 2 to 3 cards..
I know but 3 GPU is Dam sexy,