Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2011, 03:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

@ OP

Sorry to hear of your experience.
Perhaps send MM an email to list this on their website FAQ, that way others wont have to go through the same thing?

I've never used MM, but I have purchased from Danger Den. (custom case builder much like MM, but they use more acrylic as opposed to aluminum)
They've always packed my packages neatly, with a set of detailed instructions on assembly.
Worked out quite nicely, despite the fact that they are designed & built using acrylic case panels (imo they are a novelty but nice to look at)

Anyhow, I hope you are able to get things sorted out, and are satisfied with the end product.
I always hear nice things about MM cases.
Old February 17, 2011, 01:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hey Grampa - I did email MM about listing their specifications, and a short little (nicely worded) rant - and he just linked me back to their page on it..
I just got one line answers. I don't think he cares. That pretty much finishes me with ever dealing with them again.

I always hear nice things about MM cases too... which is the reason I started this thread. I had no idea what I was getting into, every onsite review I read, and the few forums I looked up just ranted and raved about how good the cases were - yet had no information about supplied accessories or how sharp edges were.. stuff like that. As I've said before.. those reviewers are either fanboys, or got their product for free and weren't going to write bad things about it.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 3, 2011, 05:26 AM
Top Prospect

Sorry to hear about your problems. I just finished building a MM Extended Ascension and I got everything from it that I expected. Mine didn't have any sharp edges or missing screws, Im really suprised you had problems. Yes its a bit of bummer having to organise your own drive bay covers and fan grills, but if you like building stuff that one of the advantages of having such a customisable case.

I downloaded the brief manual from their website which I must admit could be better but it was enough to get me through using the right screws and building the base frame. Once the base frame is done the hardest part was the motherboard tray!

I have a full build log on a couple of other forums. I can post a link if you like.

I really enjoyed building the system though it did take a full week to complete.
Old March 3, 2011, 05:26 AM
Top Prospect

Old March 3, 2011, 05:28 AM
Top Prospect

Here she is finished..

Old March 4, 2011, 02:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Very nice pics Phatboy69!

Your case looks fantastic!

I like your setup for the flight sim as well.
Just out of curiousity, what type of acer monitors you are using there?
Old March 5, 2011, 06:00 AM
Top Prospect

Thanks Grampa!

They are Acer H243H 24" 2ms lcds