Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
Tell me where it says I have to put it together myself.
It doesn't state the specifics of what you receive, like how many back plate covers and screws included.. so I went by what was in the picture.

I'm sorry you can't see the problem behind a person buying what they see (all the pictures on the page show fully assembled computer), being different than what they are shipped.
Buying anything off the internet based off pictures is simply not a good idea and most people will tell you that considering the fact they even tell you what is included!!!!

If you are unsure of something or something doesn't feel right then ask but I as most of the people around who know of Mountain Mods know what to expect if you order anything from them.

Sorry but I feel this is more of your fault than Mountain Mods and your angry at them because of reasons that aren't justified.
Old February 12, 2011, 03:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Assembly INSTRUCTIONS same as the U2-UFO. Does not include same parts!

http://www.mountainmods.com/HyperModular.pdf
Server system
|I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|RAID5 5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|

Twitch
Old February 12, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dammit man! I would love to have to assemble my case before using it! That would cut down on the size of the shipping box, it would mean that they likely designed it for assembly with screws so I could easily take it apart and mod it without having to drill out rivets and other shit like that!
Never mind that building things is fun. :D

And you are complaining about this?
Stop QQing like a pansy fairy and build that bitch up all badass!
Old February 12, 2011, 07:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I am going to bitch and whine about purchasing a case that totals over $400, and it doesn't even have fan grills, or 5 1/4" bay covers.. which it shows in all the pictures when you purchase the unit.
Ya I was looking at the MM cases a couple years ago and I found it impossible to determine what exactly was and was not included with the case. Very frustrating I agree.
Sounds like a $400 case and they want to nickle and dime you for more.
The red P80 might have been my dream case but I just couldn't justify the $550 price so I wound up getting an ATCS840 which is bloody huge and I like it very much indeed (was price matched for around $190).

Edit: ATCS940 wouldn't fit an SR2 either I believe (not without a ton of modding at least)
Old February 13, 2011, 06:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Dammit man! I would love to have to assemble my case before using it! That would cut down on the size of the shipping box, it would mean that they likely designed it for assembly with screws so I could easily take it apart and mod it without having to drill out rivets and other shit like that!
Never mind that building things is fun. :D

And you are complaining about this?
Stop QQing like a pansy fairy and build that bitch up all badass!

The shipping box is huge, it's double boxed.. I saved nothing by paying $50 US for shipping.
I really wish you lived by me MacJunky, I would have payed ya $20 if you like to put things like this together. I like building computers, but building cases with sharp edges sucks.

The website clearly states : "Photo images show: Finish - Anodized Black, Big Window Side 1, Solid ALU side2, Triple 120 side3 (top)."
Nothing about added fan grills, fans, custom 5 1/4" bays. Hell, one could assume it comes with a power supply.

I am complaining, because I thought I bought a finished product.. and now I have to go out and find 120mm fan grills and 5 1/4" bay covers to match this case.. which is going to be near impossible because it's so custom. For a guy who's overspent on the SR2 project already, it's just another kick in the pants for something I should have never done.

The case is built, but it's far from complete. If I can't find the fan grills locally it'll be expensive to buy them online ($2.99 a fan grill? lol.. x16 of them) and I have no idea what to do about the 5 1/4" bays.

Thanks for the link Alpine, that's the same one Ben at MM sent me.. and I just realized it's on the front page. However the Pinnacle 16 can be orientated about 4 different ways, depending on where you want to put your PSU / motherboard tray.. so when I was trying to put it together, it didn't help much (also the fact I was pretty tired trying to figure it out) It took me a few times to finally get it setup right.. it does seem pretty easy - but once again, tired.

If you bought a PS3 on ebay from a reputable company.. and the picture showed a PS3 with controllers, games, power cord and everything.. and had no description. If you were shipped a bare PS3 with nothing else.. you'd be pretty pissed off too I bet.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 13, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
and I have no idea what to do about the 5 1/4" bays.
Fill them!
optical drives, fan controllers, hotswap bays, card readers, floppy drive, etc! :D:D:D:D
There is so much you can do! So much you can install! So much you can customize!

If you do not like it then go buy a frikkin dell or hp, but you got yourself into this. Balls to the wall man.
Old February 13, 2011, 07:21 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
I should have spent the extra $100 for a Lian-Li P80
I was considering MM but after reading about experiences similar to yours, I went with the P80.
Old February 13, 2011, 07:32 AM
Allstar

I guess this whining is all about an impulsive purchase without knowing MM. Mountain Mods cases are enthusiasts cases, actually they are more kits than cases; you purchase the parts you wants. Are they overpriced, probably yes, but again they are not for the average users. The OP already owns a 980x and wants to make a new build with an SR-2, I don’t expect someone who want this level of high performance whining about some expensive grills at $ 2. If you want to achieve this level of experience it will come with a learning curve that will cost you a lot.
Old February 13, 2011, 08:28 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAnimal View Post
I was considering MM but after reading about experiences similar to yours, I went with the P80.
Are you going to fold for us w/ that SR-2?
Old February 13, 2011, 04:55 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Are you going to fold for us w/ that SR-2?
I've been crunching different projects with Anandtech for 10 years, so I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. :)