Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Trading My 800D + $20 for a FT02, Looking for opinions (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/40488-trading-my-800d-20-ft02-looking-opinions.html)

CoolHandL February 3, 2011 05:20 PM

Trading My 800D + $20 for a FT02, Looking for opinions

As the title states I'm looking at Trading My Corsair 800D + 20$ for a Silverstone FT02 / No Window

I like the FT02 it was my first choice originally but i ended up getting a good deal on the 800D, Im planning on staying with Air cooling, I hate noise (just swapped out my H70 for my CM212+) I know the FT02 is a good case quality wise...aimed more at air cooling, but the 800D is soo nice awesome quality.

Is it a good trade, will i regret this down the road...

thanks for any opinions.

I dont plan on water cooling ever, pumps make noise, fans on rads make noise.... compare to a simple air CPU cooler.. Im not a huge OC'er. I play games, and use my rig (and future Rigs) as a daily driver.

(yes eventually i will retire the Q6600 and go 2011 or the likes)

vohiep84 February 3, 2011 05:32 PM

If you don't ever plan on water-cooling swap the 800D, the 800D has abysmal air cooling compared to cases designed for aircooling such as the FT02.. I was once in your position once.. 700D/800D or Ft02...

But in the long-run I was going to watercool so I got the 700D.

SugarJ February 3, 2011 06:27 PM

The swap seems fair to me.

But I think you're mistaken about your assumptions about watercooling. My loop makes far less noise than the leaf blower fan that used to be on my GPU. Certainly much more expensive though.

martin_metal_88 February 3, 2011 06:34 PM

Swap is fair.

JMCD February 3, 2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 481939)
The swap seems fair to me.

But I think you're mistaken about your assumptions about watercooling. My loop makes far less noise than the leaf blower fan that used to be on my GPU. Certainly much more expensive though.

Couldn't agree more. I can't even hear my pump over the hum of my very quiet fans. All I could hear before was the GPU fan and the CPU fan limited my OC if it was quiet.

For air, definitely get an air cooling case, it'll be quieter too :)

CoolHandL February 3, 2011 07:38 PM

thanks for the input. My air set up is quiet, really quiet. the H70 i was using was terrible with the push pull through the rad, super loud. But i agree if i were to drop some serious cash on a real loop it might be quiet as you say but im going for near silent, back to my roots just with some more horsepower (i started building to make a noiseless PC, then got swept up by wanting more power.. which = more heat which = more noise) so im ok with just above stock clocks, my q6600 to 3.0 instead of 3.4.

thanks you guys always help me out when im on the fence!!!

chasiubao February 19, 2011 02:27 PM

if you ever decide to sell this case, give me a pm. :) i also live in vancouver

Shadowmeph February 19, 2011 03:11 PM

I think that it is a fair deal.

water cooling is actually very quiet which is why I went to water from air.
The only way that I hear my watercooling system is if step over to my pump and even then I brweath loader then my pump or fans. now on the other hand my videocards are not water cooled and they are pretty noisy if I do anything graphical hehe.
I think that it is a fair deal