Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2011, 05:53 AM
Rookie

Default Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition

This might be the wrong section but i could really use some help i'm wondering if a Cooler Master V6 GT will fit in this case i have a Thermaltake V9 right now and it wont fit (but my wife loves her case and doesn't wanna go full tower) i looked at the dimensions of this blacx edition and it is a little bit bigger but it has a write up of CPU cooler height limitation: 165mm if anyone could re-assure me that this will be fine it would be great thanks
Old February 3, 2011, 06:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well i have never used the v6 i just put a v8 into that V9 case if that helps at all. i really try to stay away from thermaltake not a fan, my buddie is a muscle car guy so when he seen the v8 was like gotta have it ahahahah
Old February 3, 2011, 06:54 AM
Rookie

i do believe the v6 GT is a little bigger i just don't wanna buy this new case and it don't fit
Old February 3, 2011, 11:05 AM
Rookie

well i'm gonna answer my own question for everyone else first of all the thermaltake v9 atx case WILL NOT FIT the CoolerMaster V6 GT but the Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition will fit that cooler just for everyone else to know cause it took me about 3 hours to figure out if it would:S
Old February 5, 2011, 07:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

What is the maximum length of CPU cooler that this case can hold? That would also be a bennificial answer :)