Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2011, 01:03 AM
MVP

Default Silver Stone Raven 2 Evolution

Last year's but with improved cooling and price!
Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution (RV02-E) ATX Case Review - TechSpot

Quote:
By comparison, the Cooler Master HAF X costs $200 and the Raven 2 Evolution stacks up very well in our opinion. That's saying a lot considering the HAF X is one of our favorite full tower chassis. Besides the Kublai, the Raven 2 Evolution is actually Silverstone's most affordable full tower.
Another competent contender, the Lian Li PC-A70F will set you back the same amount, and although it's a lighter all-aluminum case, the cooling setup is not as impressive. At $160, the Antec Twelve Hundred makes a compelling argument, but it's like chalk and cheese when compared to the Raven 2 Evolution.

Really, the same could be said when comparing the Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution to virtually every case we've seen before. It simply has no equal, and if anyone is looking for something different, this has to be it. Silverstone even offers an all-white version for a small $15 premium.
Old January 22, 2011, 06:21 PM
Rookie

I have the non evolution version of this case. and It looks like they fixed my only major issue with the case. the HDD tray's. on the original version there is only room for 3 3.5" HDD's and one 2.5" SSD. If you want to swap HDD's while keeping the motherboard in the case you have to remove the bottom few cover plates and slide out the cage through the front. Not a ideal setup.
Old February 4, 2011, 12:43 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm considering going on a murderous rampage trying to get the limited white edition of this.

Hows the cooling in your raven ZX? because I like my airflow, currently using a haf932 with the side mesh covered in 70cfm fans blowing directly on everything.
Old February 4, 2011, 01:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

memory express just put the white one on sale
Old February 4, 2011, 01:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just came across that and was about to look into memoryexpress' reputation.
Old February 4, 2011, 01:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i dont know about their shipping. i have always gone in and got what i wanted.
but looking for a rvo2 myself lately ive found that many of their prices are the best in canada.
I have never had to take anything i have ever bought there back so i can help on returns and how they are to deal with
Old February 4, 2011, 01:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Memory Express Reputation

I've been dealing with Memory Express for a number of years; have bought every single component/ piece for various computer builds only from them, for a couple of reasons.

1) Their prices are very competitive compared to newegg and NCIX (plus I don't have to pay for shipping costs, the benefit of living in a city with 3 locations).

2) Their extended warranty ( or IPR - In-store Product Replacement In-Store Product Replacement Detail ).
It's one of the best out there (at a fraction of the cost of most other retailers extended warranties), I've used it on a couple of occasions...all components replaced, no hassle involved.

Homer J. Simpson
Old February 4, 2011, 03:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm gonna give them a chance because this case is a must-have.
Old February 4, 2011, 03:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i just bought a black one from there and the white one is cheaper WTF?
take note before you buy it that the window is on the other side.
so i had to completely reorganize my desk and setup
dont put the sides back on till you are sure you have everything where you want it as you have to take the top and both of them off with wires running on the back and whatnot
Attached Images

Old February 4, 2011, 04:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Here's the link for the Raven 2 Evolution (white) that's on sale @ Memory Express Silverstone RV02W-E Raven Evolution, Limited Edition White w/ Window at Memory Express Computers

Homer J. Simpson