Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2010, 02:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The only thing i can think that will work the best is modding one of those two tech benchs
Old December 25, 2010, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

Dimastech Bench/Test Table

are any of the Dimastech tables suitable?

No idea what they retail for but I see them on XS's classy's all the time.

people seem to like them, and I've dealt with Andreas before and he's pretty cool. He builds (or at least used to build) cooling stuff like I do.

Worth looking, and I could ask around if anyone's got one in the particular type you like, if they're too expensive new (and I have no clue what they cost new)

Edit: Looking at the discounted ones in the webshop, 80 to 120 euros plus shipping.

Regular pricing looks like 120 to 160 euros for the fancy ones, and up to 200 euros for the stuff to add LN2/Dry Ice mounting to it.

So Probably something in there that works, just depends what the shipping costs I guess.

Gray

Last edited by gray mole; December 25, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old December 26, 2010, 09:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah when you convert that into canadian and factor in shipping the cheapest ones become at least 200$ which i really dont think a case missing all its walls is worth that much.

How important is using the pci-e rail to hold the cards in place for usage when they are sitting on a level surface?
Old December 26, 2010, 04:34 PM
Top Prospect

mmm...that's a tough question I guess.

If it was a watercooled setup, then it's pretty important since the lines pull a bit, and if it's an impingement loop the pressure can build and pull more.

Just fans, I don't know if I'd personally say it's absolutely necessary.

Most motherboards are better now, I had some way back with really sloppy AGP slots, PCI express too, but not as bad.

Modding up a cheap case isn't really that hard though. Especially if you've got automotive type air cutting tools.

But yeah, the dimas ones aren't too bad on price but the shipping combined does hit that hard.

Some US guy is selling a Dimas bench for 150 shipping, but that's US

He's also got a Lian Li one cheap, though I don't know the test benches so well.

PC-Q06 miniQ it says, maybe it's a custom conversion?

He's down to 70 bucks shipped on that.

So they're out there used, but from pics it's hard to see exactly whether they'd do what you need.

Gray
Old December 26, 2010, 06:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could always ask Bill to build you a clean one from the spec you want. Wont be cheap for sure but I think it's worth the premium concidering the work he showed us this years.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||