Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2010, 03:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
My issue with it is Iv heard it's really cheap build quality... I think I'll be going Raven, anyone know how big it is in relativity to the HAF 932?
I don't think a comparison of dimensions is relevant because of the alternative layout of the Raven.. to me, it looks like the Raven has less usable space, despite it's large exterior.

The HAF-X seems like your best option for (slightly) more space and (slightly) improved cable management, but I can't say I think it's worth it upgrading from a 932 because they're so similar.
Old December 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
I don't think a comparison of dimensions is relevant because of the alternative layout of the Raven.. to me, it looks like the Raven has less usable space, despite it's large exterior.

The HAF-X seems like your best option for (slightly) more space and (slightly) improved cable management, but I can't say I think it's worth it upgrading from a 932 because they're so similar.
Hmm... Raven has Alot of bottom space... Also wishing I had a classified 3 lol, damn rampage...

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Old December 1, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well according to bill review of the case the material is pretty good and the case isn't cheap as other. For the raven, the case is huge but not so high. I seriously find it smaller to work in but it's still good. If you are looking for something that is bigger than a haf 932 to workin. Raven is not the way to go IMO.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 1, 2010, 05:08 PM
Top Prospect

I agree that the Raven looks bigger from the outside than what you'd think. Personally, I feel it takes more cable management skill to make it look clean, compared to other suggested cases. Do a quick google search, and you'll hit up a visual thread with hundreds of builds specifically utilizing the Raven.
Old December 1, 2010, 05:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
My issue with it is Iv heard it's really cheap build quality... I think I'll be going Raven, anyone know how big it is in relativity to the HAF 932?
From the people whom I've seen review it including Mpctech , its actually very good build quality. I won't know till I get one.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 1, 2010, 05:16 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

My ATCS 840 was much roomier than the HAF 932 it replaced. HWC has a review on a silver one (I have the black).
Fold for team #54196
Old December 1, 2010, 05:56 PM
MVP

Hmm, anyone know of something stylish, but larger then the HAF 932? Im just looking for a beast of a case, that wont cut my hands (lol 932 took a chip outa my knuckle last time i swapped boards). BTW how do those silverstone sound dampening pads work? My desktop sounds like a jet taking off, id like to calm it down a bit, and for $20 i dont mind it.

BTW, any local Calgarians need a 932? When I get a new case, id be happy to sell it for like $60 lol

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock

Last edited by ToXic; December 1, 2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old December 1, 2010, 07:17 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
NZXT Phantom perhaps?

ST
I second that. I just got hte phantom it is a very pretty case!
Old December 1, 2010, 07:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhrrcollector View Post
I second that. I just got hte phantom it is a very pretty case!
Could you do me a favor and take a picture of the interior, perhaps all mounted, just so I can get a rough ideal of space.

Thanks!

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Old December 1, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Hmm, anyone know of something stylish, but larger then the HAF 932? Im just looking for a beast of a case, that wont cut my hands (lol 932 took a chip outa my knuckle last time i swapped boards). BTW how do those silverstone sound dampening pads work? My desktop sounds like a jet taking off, id like to calm it down a bit, and for $20 i dont mind it.

BTW, any local Calgarians need a 932? When I get a new case, id be happy to sell it for like $60 lol
Lilly pcx-2000 big, stylish, Alu, sound dampening.....but might be out of your price range. If you know someone with PP you can knock down the price a bit.

Been more than happy with mine, superb air cooling and whisper quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton