Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19, 2010, 12:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The NZXT Cases are very good in the cooling dept if you spend a little extra down the road and populate all the fan locations.
CM is similar, I used the 310 to Fold on GX2's and I didn't burn the house down. Though the front face of them attracts a lot of finger prints.

The newer ELite 430 should be a marked improvement on the 310 it replaces.
Either of those cases I think would fit the bill.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 19, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Hum I want the silverstone for my WHS now !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old November 19, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have used a cheap coolermaster case (elite 330), which was a great budget case and the Silverstone PS04B. Both are fine budget cases for most systems, but the Antec 300 IMO is worth the extra few dollars and has better airflow. Cable management is the only real downside to the 300, but it doesn't bother me.
Old November 19, 2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

The NZXT looks good except for some design flaws (the worst one being the optical drive/5.25" bay being too close to the ports for the fan) including the front which looks a bit silly, imho. Looks like a big mid-tower case for the price, though. The Silverstone ones look a bit small but I'll let those who have them or tried them comment.

Not sure about the CM ones. How do they compare to the HAF series?

Yeah, the Antec 300 looks good but I am turning into a stickler for cable management, I think! :) If I move my current components to the Antec 300, I'll be able to better judge it then. Thanks for all the recommendations and suggestions. I hope to build the 2nd desktop soon. I probably have my P35 system back now! Unfortunately, I can't boast about i3, i5, i7 or even Phenom X4 systems with you guys at the moment!
Old November 19, 2010, 08:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
The NZXT looks good except for some design flaws (the worst one being the optical drive/5.25" bay being too close to the ports for the fan) including the front which looks a bit silly, imho. Looks like a big mid-tower case for the price, though. The Silverstone ones look a bit small but I'll let those who have them or tried them comment.

Not sure about the CM ones. How do they compare to the HAF series?

Yeah, the Antec 300 looks good but I am turning into a stickler for cable management, I think! :) If I move my current components to the Antec 300, I'll be able to better judge it then. Thanks for all the recommendations and suggestions. I hope to build the 2nd desktop soon. I probably have my P35 system back now! Unfortunately, I can't boast about i3, i5, i7 or even Phenom X4 systems with you guys at the moment!
In all honesty, HAF series are the higher Tier CM cases but that doesn't make the CM Elite series any less budget enthusiast oriented.

As for the NZXT , yes there are some minor design glitches but they really do make a good case for what you pay.
Much like CM, or SS.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 22, 2010, 11:56 AM
Rookie

I picked up my HAF 922 last Boxing Day for about $75.00 and love it. I had always bought low end previous to that purchase (ie: 330 series) but found the 922 to be far superior. Nice layout, design, features, and easy to work in. I have also had some of the Antec mid range cases and think they have good value as well. Also have heard good things about the Thermaltake low range cases for budget builds (haven't used them myself though).
Old November 22, 2010, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Its difficult finding that "right" case.

Everyone says to use the Haf 922 or the Haf X and I've seen both and don't like either of them.

Its difficult these days to find a case that will meet all expectations.. The Lancool K-62 is a decent case but has a windowed panel :(
Old November 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Because of this thread, the silverstone is now somewhere between BC and Montreal.... I will house my Window home server in it. Will take pictures and make a mini review if I have time.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old November 22, 2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Because of this thread, the silverstone is now somewhere between BC and Montreal.... I will house my Window home server in it. Will take pictures and make a mini review if I have time.
Well, don't blame me if you don't like it! If you love it, I only charge a $5 helper's fee!

Okay, on a slightly more serious note, I'll probably wait a bit and use the Antec 300 for the current desktop just because I'm a bit annoyed by the current Solo case nowadays. It's just not as neat and fun to work with... also, I know I cheapened out on it but it wasn't a cheap case by any means but it should have been! I guess I could mod it or whatever but too lazy. The 300 and HAF 922 look way better than this case!

Problem is, I'll then have two empty cases with no systems in them! :D Maybe I should put them up on local kijiji? Just take it away?!? :D

I suspect the HAF 912/922 cases are popular enough that I can go in a store and take a look at them? I have already seen a 300 up close and it looks good. But, I know I'm going to be a stickler for good cabling and neatness so maybe the best thing is to build the 2nd desktop with a new case!
Old November 22, 2010, 08:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
The Lancool K-62 is a decent case but has a windowed panel :(
Look at the K-58, it's looks the same to me externally but without a window. NCIX.com - Buy Lancool PC-K58B ATX Advanced Mid Tower Case 5X5.25 4X3.5INT No PS USB Audio - PC-K58B In Canada.