Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5, 2011, 03:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
To anyone possibly still curious about FT02's in Canada coming with the AP181s, I picked up a FT02B-W from NCIX today (Markham warehouse) from the new stock they received and it has the AP181s. It should be a solid bet at this point that they are coming with them.

The stock Canada Computers has in the Toronto area are unfortunately all old ones still. V1.3 or 1.4 windowed.

For reference and taken from the Silverstone website:

The box (at least of the FT02) will also have a blurb mentioning "Three 180mm Air Penetrator fans"
Thanks for the update Vittra!

I ordered one without the window on the weekend, but I ended up ordering the extra ap181's just in case.
It has not arrived yet, but I'll also post my findings when it arrives.
Old January 8, 2011, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

New case just arrived yesterday.

I am confirming that, yes, my FT02 no window, black comes with the Air Penetrator fans, as depicted above.
Cant wait to try this guy out.
Seem to be a few small qc issues (eg. slight mis-alignment of a rubber noise dampener on the rear panel, but nothing I cant fix.

Other than that, it seems like a really slick case for anyone wanting something classy/high end looking.
My only challenge will be the power supply, I've read reviews and what not, but didn't quite get a clear picture of usage of the straps... I'll have to re-read and try it out I guess.
(this is my first time working with any Silverstone cases, I don't get any requests to build in these )

Coming from an 800d into this case.
Really like the looks so far!!!
Old January 8, 2011, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ive been looking at the penatrators fore my Raven 01
they look nice.

they come in 120 mm fore your heat sinks also

so yah I like to spend 75 to 100 on them at NCIX also
Old January 9, 2011, 10:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Don't use them for your heatsinks. The 120MM fans are actually very poor in that application compared to Gentle Typhoons or Noiseblockers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
New case just arrived yesterday.

I am confirming that, yes, my FT02 no window, black comes with the Air Penetrator fans, as depicted above.
Cant wait to try this guy out.
Seem to be a few small qc issues (eg. slight mis-alignment of a rubber noise dampener on the rear panel, but nothing I cant fix.

Other than that, it seems like a really slick case for anyone wanting something classy/high end looking.
My only challenge will be the power supply, I've read reviews and what not, but didn't quite get a clear picture of usage of the straps... I'll have to re-read and try it out I guess.
(this is my first time working with any Silverstone cases, I don't get any requests to build in these )

Coming from an 800d into this case.
Really like the looks so far!!!
Glad to hear yours came with the AP181's as well. That should dispel any further concerns about it. I found the strap worthless and I am not using it. I'm not using the small plastic piece that is supposedly to screw in and secure the bottom of the PSU either. The former I found to be completely useless, and the latter did not fit properly as it looks to be designed for PSUs that are longer and take up the entire space (HX1000, AX1200, etc). Just screw in the PSU and you'll be fine, it isn't going to fall off and it's what most people including me have done.

Old January 10, 2011, 03:56 AM
Rookie

Does anyone know if XpressCanada carry the FT02B-W with the Air Penetrator fans ? I've sent them a message, but I have yet to hear back from them.

I usually grab most of the components for my builds from NCIX, but the $5.99 shipping from XpressCanada versus the $38.00 shipping from NCIX does make a compelling argument. The case itself is also cheaper at XpressCanada (or at BestDirect for that matter) although with pricematching that becomes less of an issue. I'd be (grudgingly) willing to take the hit to have the AP-181s right off the bat.

I've already gone so far out of my slated budget for this new build that every new $50 increment that I somehow manage to rationalize makes me wince.
Old January 25, 2011, 03:29 AM
Rookie

Well, I don't know if I lucked out, or if all of the old stock has been rotated to the new stuff, but I can confirm that the FT02B-W from XPress Canada is version 1.4, with the AP-181s.

I can't wait to try this bad boy out.

Old January 25, 2011, 08:38 AM
Rookie

the AP series from silverstone is awesome imo, how far the vortex pushes on those fans is nothing short of amazing.
Main|Xeon w3520 #3845a @ 4.2ghz|Rampage III Extreme|2x6950 unlocked CFX|3x2GB Corsair Dom GT 2000|Intel x25-m 160GB|Obsidian 700D
Weekend|i7 920 #3910a @ 4.2ghz|X58A-UD7 Rev 1|2xEVGA GTX 460 2GB SLI|3x2GB Mushkin Blackline 1600|Corsair F120|Raven RV01
AMD HTPC/Game Cube|Phenom II x4 940 BE|Biostar A780L mATX|XFX 6790|2x2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer 800|WD Black 640GB|APEVIA X-QPACK2 (red)
Racing Sim|Playseat Evo|Fanatec GT3RS v2| 55" Samsung Plasma
Old February 1, 2011, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Edit : Sorry wrong model :(

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 1, 2011, 09:06 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I know the Canada Computers in Waterloo has one FT-02 with the new AP fans... I am buying it on Friday :D
Old February 2, 2011, 10:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i just bought the raven rf02-E so in the future i dont run into the dual video card problem hitting the sata cables on the hd's.
as far as I am concerned its the same as the fortress just a minor cosmetic change on the outside
and no foam padding which can be purchased later.
ONLY problem i found was wireless n card with 2 antenna on the pcie 1x slot beside the vid card is a bit of a pain
Attached Images