Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2010, 07:47 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Side panel windows

Ok, so I have a side panel window, and it's tinted, from nzxt... Is there a way to keep it less dusty? I think it's because of static?
Old October 5, 2010, 08:02 AM
Top Prospect

Do you have any dust filters on your case? Also, something I've tried in the past is keeping positive air pressure in the case by having a bit more intake than exhaust air. By doing this, it really cuts down the amount of dust you get in your case. Personally, I had alot of success with it and rarely needed to clean my case. If you have a place you can mount anouther intake fan, this might help.
Old October 5, 2010, 09:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

^^^ I see. Yup, I have dust filters. I also have 3 intake fans (120MM), and 2 exhaust fans (140MM). According to the numbers, I think I have the same amount of air going in and out, but numbers are just for advertising IMO. I dunno, maybe I should use those anti-static sprays on the window, but that may screw-up the acrylic and/or tint job. Same with pledge or windex I guess.
Old October 5, 2010, 09:16 AM
Top Prospect

Well, it looks like you're doing all the right things. I feel your pain, though...I hate dust.

I can't think of any other ideas ATM...hopefully a few others can chime in. In the mean time, I'd hold off on any sort of chemicals - I'd hate to see them cause damage to your window.
Old October 5, 2010, 09:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post
I can't think of any other ideas ATM...hopefully a few others can chime in. In the mean time, I'd hold off on any sort of chemicals - I'd hate to see them cause damage to your window.
can you imagine? Me using windex on it. Then, a loud scream, and finally, "It's melting! My window's melting!!!, Sombody, help me!!!".
Old October 5, 2010, 12:02 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You can't prevent dust from sticking to the window, if that's what you're asking. Do not use glass cleaning products on the window since that will damage the plastic and cause it to become cloudy. If you need to clean it, use a damp rag with some dish soap if necessary.
Old October 5, 2010, 12:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks zero. i was thinking of wiping it with those anti-static cloths, the ones we throw into the dryers, i think they're called softeners, LoL. sigh, i guess i'll just live with the dust on the window and keep cleaning it every now and then.