Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 07:49 AM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
nice. now, people buying this are probably building budget oriented systems,wondering if they'll go with this little beast or perhaps the ~1/2 price ps04b :)
The PS04B is a piece of crap. Poor design and low build quality. The HAF 912 is easily worth the added price just for the superior design.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 07:49 AM
jcmaz's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,455

My System Specs

Default

I almost swear that Corsair uses the exact chassis for their 600T

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/artic...114116883l.JPG
__________________
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

-Plato
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 07:51 AM
FiXT's Avatar
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GVRD
Posts: 3,343

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
1) lack of black interior
Doesn't matter as much without a side Window - If it helps to reduce costs then I am all for it.
The "Plus" edition, which is in Europe has a black interior, but it is also 50 pounds, translating into roughly $75USD.

They have slated a windowed model, with black interior and a few other extras named the "912 Advanced" though I don't know for sure if it will come about.

EDIT: It appears bit-tech was the one who managed to get their hands on an advanced - maybe it is also Europe only as CM doesn't want to compete against their own 690 II? As expected, it is 65 pounds ($99 USD)

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_i.../haf-912-1.jpg



Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Nice to see CM still makes garbage cases.

NZXT Much?
NZXT isn't exactly a poster child for "quality cases". Their low end offerings can be pretty atrocious.

The problem with "serious" design in a 60 dollar case, is then you end up with an NZXT product. A case that looks unique, but has to stiff on every other feature such as build quality. A company winds up putting to much R&D into a budget case and resorts to plastic to make it look "unique".

Also in terms of design, the HAF style is a LOT more muted than an NZXT product.

Last edited by FiXT; September 7, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
This is a gay case.

Girls think computers are dorky (and they are correct) because companies like CM work so hard at keeping it that way hahaha

This case is /puke

Lets see some serious design being done please.
Case looks less "gay" then that picture of you with that shirt. LOL !!!!
__________________
"What is the colour when black is burnt ?" - Neil Young
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 08:11 AM
FiXT's Avatar
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GVRD
Posts: 3,343

My System Specs

Default

Oh hey guys, comments good or bad, I would encourage you to also make them on Youtube as all activity there helps us
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 08:17 AM
jcmaz's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,455

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
I have some questions.

1) Are the rubber feet removable?
2) What is the height of the case near the end of the rear the end?

Thanks!!!
Hey FiXT,

Could you answer my questions regarding the HAF912?

Thanks!!!
__________________
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

-Plato
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 08:19 AM
FiXT's Avatar
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GVRD
Posts: 3,343

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Hey FiXT,

Could you answer my questions regarding the HAF912?

Thanks!!!
Don't have the case in front of me atm - I'll get back to you when I get into the studio again this morning.
I assume you are referring to the rubber feet on the bottom of the case and not the PSU?
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 08:25 AM
jcmaz's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,455

My System Specs

Default

You are correct. I meant for the rubber feet on the bottom of the case.

Thanks FiXT!!
__________________
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

-Plato
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 11:27 AM
encorp's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,425

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
I disagree. It is a wonderful case in terms of functionality and price, but looks can be subjective...

I disagree with your disagreement. I think that we should stop propping up these garbage manufacturers.

They can do a lot better for that price; people want a lot more out of a budget case. Especially in aesthetics.

This case could be designed better, a budget case does NOT have to feel budget, or look budget - this case does both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Case looks less "gay" then that picture of you with that shirt. LOL !!!!
Hahaha possibly so, but I don't see this case getting laid every day of the week either!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old September 7, 2010, 11:32 AM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

how did this turn to cases being laid or not i dont know,lol.

but still, was expecting the price to be a bit more competitive, still better than a 922(price wise)

dont think it looks like garbage either. looks..mil style.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cooler Master V10 CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread AkG Air Cooling 60 October 22, 2011 02:52 AM
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread AkG Air Cooling 268 April 16, 2010 04:23 PM
Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread AkG Air Cooling 37 June 15, 2009 11:37 PM
Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread AkG Air Cooling 3 June 8, 2009 08:54 PM
Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case Review comment thread AkG Cases 11 November 21, 2008 03:50 PM