Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2010, 11:48 AM
Rookie

Default Undecided on a new case model for new build?

Looking at new cases but can't decide which to go for. I really like the 800D & many have suggested the CM690 II advanced.

Case has to have black interior & capable of future h20.

Basically I'm starting with the case but going to put my current gear in it till I upgrade.
Old June 28, 2010, 12:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

-Corsair Obsidian 800D
-CM HAF-X
-CM Storm Sniper Black Mesh
-Corsair Graphite 600T
-Mountain Mods if you have money to burn
-ABS Tagan Black Pearl
-Corsair H-50 + 2x Cooler Master R4
-Asus RoG Rampage III Extreme
-6GB OCZ Platinum Triple Channel DDR3-1600 [7-7-7-20]
-2x EVGA GTX 295+ Quad SLI
-Corsair HX-1000
-WD 160GB Raptor 10000RPM
-WD 1000GB Black 7200RPM

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1249140.png
Old June 28, 2010, 12:31 PM
Rookie

All you did was give me more suggestions with no real world expertise lol I get the same thing by looking at online store case lists heh

-Corsair Obsidian 800D(possibility)
-CM HAF-X(possibility)
-CM Storm Sniper Black Mesh(deff not no dust combatant features)
-Corsair Graphite 600T(out)
-Mountain Mods if you have money to burn(for the rich everyone has done it already)
-ABS Tagan Black Pearl(out)

I'd prefer dust filtration as well to keep down on maintenance.
Old June 28, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I guess you could ghetto attach a rad to the 5.25 bays, then add fans to cool the rads.

If so, i would get the Azza Helios 910 (mid tower) or the Solano 1000 (Full tower).

These Azza cases have meshed front bezels, a Massive 230mm side fan and other cooling options. Plus they aren't too expensive, the Azza 910 starts @ 49.99 w/ MIR

-Plato
Old June 28, 2010, 02:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've been researching cases for a while now for a WC setup, and have narrowed it down to just a few models. I cam currently running WC in a TT armor case, but I find that I really need something bigger with cable management built in.

If I can ever find one, I think I am going with a 700d w/custom side window. I like the 800d, but hotswap bays are useless to me, and I don't like the way the window shows off half of the "lower section" of the case. I like the obsidian's because a 3x120 fits up top and a 2x120 can be modded into the bottom quite easily.

I am also considering the HAFX, but I don't see how you could easily fit 2 rads inside, and I really don't like the side window that mostly shows off your HDDs and 5.25 bays.. I've seen several builds that worked out great with this case. Just look at the KKC build *drool*

Other options I considered are the ATCS, and the TJ07. I decided against these primarily because they are aluminum, and I want a dead quiet PC. I also find them both less aesthetically pleasing than the obsidian or hafx.

Just my observations.
Old June 28, 2010, 02:46 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheGG View Post
-ABS Tagan Black Pearl
Shame it is no longer sold.
Old June 28, 2010, 03:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
I've been researching cases for a while now for a WC setup, and have narrowed it down to just a few models. I cam currently running WC in a TT armor case, but I find that I really need something bigger with cable management built in.

If I can ever find one, I think I am going with a 700d w/custom side window. I like the 800d, but hotswap bays are useless to me, and I don't like the way the window shows off half of the "lower section" of the case. I like the obsidian's because a 3x120 fits up top and a 2x120 can be modded into the bottom quite easily.

I am also considering the HAFX, but I don't see how you could easily fit 2 rads inside, and I really don't like the side window that mostly shows off your HDDs and 5.25 bays.. I've seen several builds that worked out great with this case. Just look at the KKC build *drool*

Other options I considered are the ATCS, and the TJ07. I decided against these primarily because they are aluminum, and I want a dead quiet PC. I also find them both less aesthetically pleasing than the obsidian or hafx.

Just my observations.
Hmm just seen at ncix they have an optional window-less side panel for the 800D for $29.99? Could always put your own size window in it at a later date?

I'm really leaning towards the CM690 II Advanced or Haf X but I really do like the massive size of the 800D.
Old June 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

HAF X is pretty nice. It has way better airflow than the 800d, is H20 capable, some kind of dust filters (Correct me if i'm wrong) it's goddamn roomy.. a lot of cable management. well, belong to me it's bbetween the HAF x and the 800d. If you have some seriously hot hardware, you can get the haf so the nice airflow will keep things cool while it's not watercooled.
Old June 28, 2010, 04:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
All you did was give me more suggestions with no real world expertise lol I get the same thing by looking at online store case lists heh

-Corsair Obsidian 800D(possibility)
-CM HAF-X(possibility)
-CM Storm Sniper Black Mesh(deff not no dust combatant features)
-Corsair Graphite 600T(out)
-Mountain Mods if you have money to burn(for the rich everyone has done it already)
-ABS Tagan Black Pearl(out)

I'd prefer dust filtration as well to keep down on maintenance.
I disagree, my CM Storm Sniper has dust filters on every fan placement point except for the top mount and rear mount exhaust, which you don't need anyways. The front 200mm has a dust filter, the side panel has a fine mesh for the whole side, and the bottom mount fan also has a dust filter.

The 600T also has dust filters. Where are you getting your info from?

http://www.corsair.com/products/600t...il_filterf.png

1 right there.
-Corsair H-50 + 2x Cooler Master R4
-Asus RoG Rampage III Extreme
-6GB OCZ Platinum Triple Channel DDR3-1600 [7-7-7-20]
-2x EVGA GTX 295+ Quad SLI
-Corsair HX-1000
-WD 160GB Raptor 10000RPM
-WD 1000GB Black 7200RPM

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1249140.png
Old June 28, 2010, 04:37 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheGG View Post
I disagree, my CM Storm Sniper has dust filters on every fan placement point except for the top mount and rear mount exhaust, which you don't need anyways. The front 200mm has a dust filter, the side panel has a fine mesh for the whole side, and the bottom mount fan also has a dust filter.

The 600T also has dust filters. Where are you getting your info from?

http://www.corsair.com/products/600t...il_filterf.png

1 right there.
Is your side door mesh filtered as well? Dust is definitely getting in that wide open mesh side door no matter where they have filters at.