Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Comment Thread for the Xion Dazl Case Review (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/3343-comment-thread-xion-dazl-case-review.html)

Fielding November 20, 2007 09:50 PM

Comment Thread for the Xion Dazl Case Review

Have any comments or questions for our Xion Dazl case review?

Please use this thread to post them.

Jmac November 21, 2007 12:37 AM

You forgot to lock the original thread ;) If I weren't a regular, I would've posted in it ...

Anyways, I would've liked to have seen the power supply reviewed as well. You're paying $90 for a case AND a PSU and, as such, I think the whole package should've been reviewed (ala Antec Sonata III).

Fielding November 21, 2007 12:04 PM

Thanks for letting us know. As for the power supply, I would have had SKYMTL do a mini-review of it but he said that I would pay for any damages that may occur to his system, his system with very expensive DDR3 memory.

To this day, I am unsure if he was joking. :shok:

Mr. Friendly November 21, 2007 02:58 PM

about the PSU...

it would still be good of you to follow up that case review with seeing how good/bad the PSU is, to the best of your abilities. as you said, the PSU is like your insurance. if the PSU is the absolute pits, being it 'comes' with the case with the expectation of being used, it's important to verify it's usefulness. it it's a POS, then of course, I would expect the entire case rating to drop from 3 to 2.5 or eve 2... :doh:

SKYMTL November 21, 2007 03:26 PM

I agree. We will put this in motion ASAP but at the time of the review I didn't have time to give it a thorough testing. Nice to see you here Mr Friendly!!

llama_egg November 22, 2007 03:02 AM

Once again, a very nice and informative review. But by the looks of it, the case is nothing but a budget case, and if it wasn't for the PSU probably wouldn't be worth looking at all together. Should be interesting to see what that PSU can handle, though I'm really not holding my breath :haha:

Cptn Vortex November 22, 2007 02:51 PM

Nice review! Looks like one of those Aspire cases though, not the best build quality, but does the job for a quick job. Like a cheap hooker.

llama_egg November 22, 2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex (Post 27104)
Nice review! Looks like one of those Aspire cases though, not the best build quality, but does the job for a quick job. Like a cheap hooker.

A cheap hooker that supplies the condom :haha:

Bu||etproof Skin November 22, 2007 04:32 PM

Wow is it like an NCIX Forum reunion here or something? I felt I had to post cuz of that plus that is one poopy looking, "flashy generic" case. On a side note, my lawyers are helping me to soon trademarked the phrase flashy generic...so watch it!

I also think I bought that case 4 or 5 years ago when I picked out my first non-beige case. But that can't be right?!

All jokes aside, actually wait forget that, the BEST part of that review was this one-liner:

"Therefore, I fully applaud this case for not drawing my blood despite the fact itís in me to give."

Not everyone will like that as much as I did however, I not only laughed out loud but it kept me chuckling all the way to the can where I promise only the opposite of "funny business" goes down...literally. :shok:...:ph34r:

Anyway good review but clearly a skip-worthy product in my eyes.