Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2010, 06:40 AM
Allstar

Default NZXT collorates with Modder, craigbru to create Phantom Case (Video Review posted)

NZXTs lead designer, Johnny Hou reveals their new Phantom case at Computex.This is the case PC Modder/Builder Craig Brugger (craigbru) collaborated with NZXT on the design!

NZXT's new Phantom case at the 2010 Computex Show. | Case Mod Blog

YouTube - NZXT Phantom ATX Full Tower Case Review by mnpctech.com

Last edited by Mnpctech; July 28, 2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old June 9, 2010, 06:51 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I'm all for some "fashion forward" designs that we are seeing. However, when "haute design" impacts upon practicality, I have an issue. Case and point: the horrible placement of top panel connectors on this design.
Old June 9, 2010, 08:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Every once in a while NZXT comes out with a new case look I really like and this is one.
I usually end up buying them and when I get my hands on it I'm smacking myself in the face after I realize how bad the build quality is.

That being said I'll probably buy this anyways.
Old June 9, 2010, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

It's definitly unique and sci-fi looking. I personally really like the design
Old June 9, 2010, 08:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm liking it, so long as we get a side window.

Although SKY doesn't like the top Panel connectors, it would work perfectly for me considering the placement of my case on my desk.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 9, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Im liking the cooling potential this beast has...but too much plastic for me. IF all that plastic had been polished chrome or even just polished steel (or even just brushed aluminum) it would have been FULL of win. As it stands, its full of meh.

if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer. - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 9, 2010, 11:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Im liking the cooling potential this beast has...but too much plastic for me. IF all that plastic had been polished chrome or even just polished steel (or even just brushed aluminum) it would have been FULL of win. As it stands, its full of meh.
That's not really in NZXT's price range

Don't they only have like one aluminum case and it's ugly?

Would be nice though if they made a higher end model of this though.
Old June 9, 2010, 11:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The thing about there plastic is that it works for the budget they are targeting with it. They tend to focus more on the features the case actually has vs. the materials of its front/top panels.

I noticed that even CM does this from time to time as well on their budget cases.

For me, I don't mind the plastic so long as the unit cools itself well and is easy to manage the myraid of wires that all computers spawn :)

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 9, 2010, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

20 watts a fan channel that's great, this is a very neat looking case not sure if i like it or not
Old June 9, 2010, 12:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Only issue I can have with plastic sometimes is if it looks/feels really cheap. If it's solid plastic that doesn't really look it and doesn't feel like it'll break when you touch it, then it's fine.

At least with aluminum (or any metals), you typically know you'll have a solid case that'll last for years without getting all banged up.