Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't know about the build quality but this case looks really nice. Now if I can only get a motherboard with a matching colour :P

Old June 10, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
They sent over both the Red & White version for me to chose one and customize for them. I asked if I'm allowed to review one if I released the review on their launch day, still waiting for reply.

I agree with everyone about the use of plastic, I usually stay clear of plastic cases for personal use. Hopefully I can catch up on things and open one up this afternoon.
Maybe its just me, as I don't exactly love white cases, but IF this is available in RED and comes in at the one hundred dollar mark (or less)....it might just be awfully tempting case, plastic or no plastic.

Looking forward to the review Mnpctech.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 10, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

If NCIX has this thing for pre-order, I'm putting an order in. I like the design, it stands out (in a aesthetically good way). Plastic or not, it looks good IMO and I will be getting one
Old June 11, 2010, 03:54 PM
Allstar

Turns out they sent the Black one instead of Red. Also turns out the White one I received isn't the final retail version, it's the version from the video at Computex. I'm waiting word back from NZXT if I can review it and state the changes..or not
Old June 12, 2010, 12:21 AM
MVP

Hope they release either a windowed or solid side panel for these cases. The way the mesh paneling is makes installing a window crappy.

Innovative design, I don't really like flashy cases too much. But this one has a certain style to it. The guy seemed intent on not letting us see the Mobo/IO area for some reason. Curious as to whats going on there.
Old June 12, 2010, 01:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hrm... If I ever get my hands on a red version. I can just imagine painting the grills white. I quite agree with you AKG, if it comes in under $100, I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up too, plastic or no plastic.

Old June 12, 2010, 09:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
Turns out they sent the Black one instead of Red. Also turns out the White one I received isn't the final retail version, it's the version from the video at Computex. I'm waiting word back from NZXT if I can review it and state the changes..or not

WHAT THE NZXT!!!! I really liked the white one too
Old June 17, 2010, 04:54 PM
Allstar

2x 120mm fans are mounted in the left side panel, alongside the HD cages. The right panel is vented in the same location, cool air flow is drawn across the HDs and exhausted out the other side.

It bewilders me why more manufacturers don't do this.

Corsair should have implemented "cross-flow" HD cooling with the 800D. Instead they relied on drawing air up from beneath the chassis, up thru the midsection, then into a vented fan cover (:wallbash:) ....They could have just perforated the side panels and filtered the fan instead.

"Hello, I'm your HD cage cooling fan, I require plenty of ventilation to cool your expensive HDs"

"Hey, who turned out the lights? Where did the fresh air go? *Gasp! I can't breath ...WTH?!......Help Me!!!"
Old June 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

HDs don't require much cooling to begin with, so it's really not a big issue.
Old June 17, 2010, 08:19 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

That White/Black accents with Blue LEDs remind me of something you might find in the medical bay aboard a federation ship or Nebulon-B Frigate...

although it is not all that unpleasant.