Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2010, 07:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default another what case should i get thread

Hi all

First excellent site. Lots of info on here but I am still torn

I orginally was looking at a HAF 932 case but now after more looking into things I also like the CM690 II advance and the Storm Sniper BE

I like the size of the HAF 932 and the option wheels. I dont like the fact that there is no dust filters and its not black inside

I like the CM690 II advance features (hotswap HDD) and dust filters plus the black interior is sweet

I like the the Storm Sniper BE fan control and LED on off switch and 4 usb ports on top

I like that both the 690 and sniper have ssd adaptors and dust filters.

I dont mind having a heavy case because I dont move it anywhere and I am strong lol.

Anyways what are some opinions. I have only seen the HAF 932 in person but after looking at the other ones I think its between the storm and the cm690

Cheers
Old April 13, 2010, 07:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This is my current case so I am gonna love whatever I get

Transformer Case-Sunbeam provide the best acrylic case pc for gaming and modding
Old April 13, 2010, 07:24 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

This is just my opinion, but if dust is a serious issue then don't consider the HAF932. Dust filters are a must at my place because of little airflow (old house with no central ventilation) and animal fur (cats). CM 690II is a popular favorite, but the Sniper in red is a very sexy case as well.
Old April 13, 2010, 09:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

a vote for the sniper BE if you got the chips, the cm 690 II is badass for the price but as i've noticed with my original 690 its a little bland, some like that clean look though. I would probably get the 690 II cause im cheap n poor plus it offers some great value but the sniper BE is definitely the cooler case in my opinion
Old April 13, 2010, 07:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I was having a hard time deciding between the 690 II and the Storm Sniper and the Lancool PC-K62. I went with the Lancool. Looks to be a nice case. I have it ordered, it will be here tomorrow. There are quite a few people here that have it.

Here is a nice video review.
Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 Case Review
Cy
Old April 13, 2010, 08:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

what is your budget?
Old April 14, 2010, 08:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

dont really have one.......but would like to stay under 200 out the door price......

I checked that review. very nice case. I didnt like the lack of less usbs on the top and I would like to get into water cooling down the road and that looks like a problem for this case. But the cable management and fit and finish is spot on
Old April 14, 2010, 08:15 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I personnally love lancool's case. I own a k56wb and i'm very pleased with it. It's a very well built case. K62 is the case I'dd get with a lil' higher budget. You can also wait for the Corsair 700d to come instock to see its final retail price.

Last edited by Behemoth-; April 14, 2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old April 14, 2010, 12:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have the HAF 932 and I love it. Yes, it is a little big, but it can fit just about very piece of hardware minus XL-ATX motherboards. The lack of dust filters is an annoyance but nothing a can of compressed air can't solve when the time comes :P

The 690 II is a nice choice as well. Looks really clean and has a nice amount of room for hardware. It would be a good choice if your lookin for a mid tower case.
Old April 14, 2010, 01:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well I have decided on getting the Storm Sniper SE case. For my needs it will fit the bill nicely.

Thanks for the input all. I am glad I found this site.

Cheers