Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2010, 11:44 PM
Rookie

Default Lian-Li PC-A70B vs COOLER MASTER HAF 932

whats a better case? COOLER MASTER HAF 932 or Lian-Li PC-A70B

i don't care about looks i just want to know which has better cooling/airflow/dust filters cuz i plan to oc my core i7 920 with air (mugen 2).
Old April 12, 2010, 02:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't speak for the Lian-Li but the Coolermaster is a good case for the $. Roomy, good airflow, good cable management capability.
Old April 12, 2010, 05:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I take it you never own a lian li or a aluminum case before. I myself was like you too just a month ago. But every since I know how well make those Lian Li you'll want more.

Its no brainer that the LI LI is the superior choice, its light, has anti-vibration for fans, HDD. Removable motherboard tray (makes life a hell lot easier).
Old April 12, 2010, 05:37 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

In built quality, Lian-Li is one of the top competitors... the HAF is great too, but looks cheaper. All depends on your preference really, do you want looks? Do you want room to work with?

WC or Air cooling?
Old April 12, 2010, 06:04 AM
Rookie

air cooling with Scythe Mugen 2
Old April 12, 2010, 06:07 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I ditched a CM HAF922 (the 932's little brother) in favor of a Lian-Li. There was nothing really wrong with the HAF though, I just found it a little cheap (especially in comparison to the Lian-Li) and far, far to dusty. Plastic on a computer case? Never again.
Old April 12, 2010, 06:14 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Plastic on a computer case? Never again.
And this is exactly how I feel too. Angy, it's really up to you man, if you don't really mind this, all you want is a nice looking case you can put your stuff in with a good air flow, get the HAF 932. It all comes down to what your needs are.
Old April 12, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

I have to say if you're air cooling, go for Lian Li, it's a bloody huge case lol.. and as the rest said, Lian Li = Superb build quality..
Usually for another case in question, I would say the HAF 932 has more potential, but this Lian Li A70B, it was plenty of potential for water cooling too.

The only thing I thought they should start doing is making holes in the mobo tray/area to do some nice cable management.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old April 12, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Migg nailed it....for:
1. Quality
2. Lightweight
3. Room
4. Air Cooling

Thier are still only two choices for me not in order:

1. My present Case - http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...e%20Technology

2. Lian Li - http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...acture=LIAN-LI (the Non-Red Dragon Edition though) !

Quote:
The only thing I thought they should start doing is making holes in the mobo tray/area to do some nice cable management.
my only minor beef with the TJ09 as well...

Both of these are specifically designed for optimal Air Flow and certainly are anything BUT cheaply built.

Old April 12, 2010, 12:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
I have to say if you're air cooling, go for Lian Li, it's a bloody huge case lol.. and as the rest said, Lian Li = Superb build quality..
While it is huge, space within it is effeciently used. Having holes in the mobo tray is no big deal for this case. I can't say for sure, but newer batches of the A70 (if they still make it) should include a removable tray with holes right underneath the mobo, which IMO is plenty. I dont see the 'need' for having holes right where the 24-pin connectors pops up. If you need holes in this case, you can simply cut them up, if you screw up, the tray in addition to all lian li parts and accessories are available online.

I have the Lian Li PC-A7010 which is the same case as the A70 with minor differences. The only difference I believe is the A7010 just has hot-swapable bays and a different looking front bezel, among other tiny changes.

I wont deny it, the only reason I got the case was because I had the opportunity of getting it for much cheaper than it was (ebay) and for the prospect that I will one day need the space for all those hard drives. The case is perhaps one of my best PC purchases ever, it looks great, suits my need perfectly, and is pretty silent/cool (though that depends on the fans used). 18 months later, I still have the case, and I still love it as much as when I first got it, and I did manage to fill up all the bays and more (12 HDDs). Im sure the cooling/airflow is more than sufficient however I cant say if that affects overclocking or anything of the sort as I haven't done that in a while.

I am more than certain the PC-A70 is a discontinued case by lian li and has been replaced by the newer PC-A70F, something you might want to look into.

Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

Rig // PC-A7010 :: 1050W :: Rampage :: Q6600 :: 8GB :: GTX 260
X25-V :: 4x 1TB RAID-5 :: 2x 1TB RAID-1 :: 4x 1.5TB :: 1x 2TB
G15v2 :: MX-518 :: Xonar DX :: 7 Pro x64

2408WFP :: DT770/80 :: Onkyo TX-SR605 :: Klipsch RB-61 :: SVS PB10-NSD