Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

^^ Yea I agree, you could just use a dremel for sure. But lots of newer cases that cost the same are now really coming with already made holes for cable management, look at the higher end cooler master series, HAF 922/932, Cosmos S, ATCS 840 all have cable management options, considering the price of a ATCS 840 especially. Even the Corsair case, it's expensive, yeah I'd agree it looks ugly with those grometted holes lol, but it still does.

But the fact, I can't agree more, get the holes done yourself, and most lian li parts are available for purchase, Performance-PC carries a bunch-load of them.

But I still loved the V1000/2000 series case from Lian-Li, especially the V2010, those things had a lot of room, and a lot of potential in them, you can call it the modder's tool of play.

Although props to CM, they've really stepped up their interest in cases, making them very well designed, yea plastic/steel, but hey HAF 932 was and probably still is the most liked case around.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old April 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Full towers don't need holes. Theres plenty room to put all you shit like Empty_Quarter stated. And considering people have a choice of a modular psu.

I remember seeing enaberif had a similar lian li cases and he had all his water cooling inside the case and it still had lots of room for cable management.

If you put a Li Li and a CM case side by side, with one glance you know which one is made of superiority.

Also aluminum case can dissipates heat faster than a steel case.
Old April 12, 2010, 03:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yes thanks for reminding. I swear, I actually remembered Enaberif when replying to this thread, he had one of the batches from that case, or at least one that was based on that base. In fact he even had a water cooling rig going on in that case, and it still looked half empty.

Al right Al right, take it easy ppl :p... With the use of wire clips, zip ties and other things you could do some wicked internal cable management.

And yes, that is also one very reason why most of us enthusiasts choose Aluminum cases over Steel.
Old April 12, 2010, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
And yes, that is also one very reason why most of us enthusiasts choose Aluminum cases over Steel.
Yep not to mention picking em up...moving em around...couldn't imagine that with my guts in a HAF.........ooooohhhhhh my back!

Quote:
Full towers don't need holes. Theres plenty room to put all you shit like Empty_Quarter stated. And considering people have a choice of a modular psu.
Sure they do...I've torn my Rig apart and put it back together a number of times.....there are a couple of places on the removable MOBO Tray that holes would be xtremely useful and I also have a Mod PSU......granted cable management is easy, but could look better by completely hiding most of the cables, as in not having them visible at all...

Old April 12, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Sure they do...I've torn my Rig apart and put it back together a number of times.....there are a couple of places on the removable MOBO Tray that holes would be xtremely useful and I also have a Mod PSU......granted cable management is easy, but could look better by completely hiding most of the cables, as in not having them visible at all...
Removable tray and routing holes would be really silly. Especially with the removable tray thats comes off the rear.

Last edited by Silvgearx; April 12, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old April 12, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay Okay!! The LiLi is better! No point in hammering on it! (still like my HAF though, I am easy to please at 1/3 the price)
Old April 12, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Both great cases in their own way. The stock cooling on the HAF is excellent and quiet. Sure its heavy but even nerdy computers geeks have to use their muscles once and while !!!
Old April 12, 2010, 10:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Both great cases in their own way. The stock cooling on the HAF is excellent and quiet. Sure its heavy but even nerdy computers geeks have to use their muscles once and while !!!
I like the fact that it comes with Wheels.. very handy, I personally don't use 'em..

I would have to say the stock cooling in HAF is excellent like you said, but if you're going water cooling, must to with the Lian Li.. I had a triple rad in my pc w/3 fans cooling the cpu and gpu, and man I did start the my back stuff this weekend lol.. Once all water cooling stuff was out, man it felt a lot better.

That's where aluminum cases come to play, besides the premium you pay for it, it's just to use it that way, fully water cooled system, like a full gaming rig if you're going to spend that much money on those cases.