Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2010, 11:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default SuperSpeed (USB 3.0) cases?

Hey, does anyone know when case manufacturers are going to be releasing PC cases with USB 3.0 integrated? We've got USB 3.0 motherboards and we're starting to get USB 3.0 devices, but if you plug that into any current case, your stuck with USB 2.0 speeds. I can't seem to find anything out there yet. Anyone else know?
Old April 8, 2010, 12:00 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Hey, does anyone know when case manufacturers are going to be releasing PC cases with USB 3.0 integrated? We've got USB 3.0 motherboards and we're starting to get USB 3.0 devices, but if you plug that into any current case, your stuck with USB 2.0 speeds. I can't seem to find anything out there yet. Anyone else know?
Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

Lian Li already has started to use them. However the bigger problem is that there are no internal USB 3.0 headers yet on cards/boards AFAIK. So even if your case has them you still can't use them.

EDIT: It actually looks like Lian Li includes a bracket that connects to the USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard.