Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2010, 07:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

OKies Few places to start on this.

If your looking for 140mm Fans Yate Loon or Scythe would be very good places to start. That or AeroCools Blackline/Streamliner setup. Very good quality Fans.

The 800D Stock Fans are Decent but nothing special , never ever trust the numbers. WHen I had my CFM Meter I found more discrepincies in Fans than I care to imagine.

The R4 is a much better fan in all regards. For Crammed low airflow High Restriction places (ie Dust Filters, heatsinks, Radiators) they are un-rivaled for Price vs Performance.

Stock Fans are just that, Stock. I have yet to be overly impressed by any with the exception of a very expensive Zalman Case.

@ Scruff - The reason for that is the Xiga Fans (Not my favorite) are very quiet as are the Tribewerk ones. They push nowhere close to what they are rated for but again are ultra Silent (I have some and they Frustrated me).

Anyways I'm here if you need any more advice. Most people know me around here as being a bit of a Fan Fanatic.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 7, 2010, 07:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patramix View Post
i was wondering on 140mm fans.

i think i can only fit a 140 on the hdd bay and on the bottom plate(next to the wc holes that lead in the psu section), although i need to check to make sure(dont remember seeing 120mm holes there)

i know i can fit 120 in the rest of the case, was wondering if a high pressure fan would do better on the hdd cooling due it having poor airflow?

well that's good to know, still wondering about the HDD bay cooling thought
The bottom internal hhd bay is 120mm
Old April 7, 2010, 07:44 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
The bottom internal hhd bay is 120mm
yeah i mean the hot-swap bay, it uses a 140 mount, hdd's in the hot-swap bay are runing at 40-43C on average.

My Boinc Stats
Old April 7, 2010, 07:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

If your looking for 140mm Fans Yate Loon or Scythe would be very good places to start. That or AeroCools Blackline/Streamliner setup. Very good quality Fans.

The 800D Stock Fans are Decent but nothing special , never ever trust the numbers. WHen I had my CFM Meter I found more discrepincies in Fans than I care to imagine.

The R4 is a much better fan in all regards. For Crammed low airflow High Restriction places (ie Dust Filters, heatsinks, Radiators) they are un-rivaled for Price vs Performance.

Stock Fans are just that, Stock. I have yet to be overly impressed by any with the exception of a very expensive Zalman Case.

@ Scruff - The reason for that is the Xiga Fans (Not my favorite) are very quiet as are the Tribewerk ones. They push nowhere close to what they are rated for but again are ultra Silent (I have some and they Frustrated me).

Anyways I'm here if you need any more advice. Most people know me around here as being a bit of a Fan Fanatic.

ST
I agee with you ,numbers are rarely correct in practise , I chose my fans for noise and air flow and I was surprised my velometer showed the fans were puting out very close to stated specs.
I am sure that I will be playing with different fans over the next little while , from what I see with fan designs the manufacturers compensate air slipage under static load with higer rpm thus more noise.
The person I was replying to I thought was talking about case fans which I thought static pressure wouldn't be an issue . You seem to have good knowledge on this and I probably will pick your brain in the future .Thanks
Old April 8, 2010, 02:07 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

anyone have experience with the Coolermaster R4-L4S-10AB-GP 140MM 69CFM 16DB?

i need to find some kind of 140mm Fan that will help keep my hdd's in the hot-swap bay cool (the air flow isnt the best, there, simply removing the fan cover helps a bit thought)

My Boinc Stats
Old April 8, 2010, 02:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

ST
How many you recommend me to get? I'm not planning to watercool until later this year, possibly next year. I should probably look into how many fan placing the 800D has and go from there to replace them all
Old April 8, 2010, 04:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

@ Patramix - Not personally No so I can't say from experience. Most of CM's offerings for Case fans are above par - exceptional. So for the minimal investment it might be worth a shot.

@ MrDiaz - Fill em up all the slots if you want to. It all depends. A single high speed fan admist lower speed ones is not easy to notice. But if you fill your entire case with it it does make a difference. So it all depends on that, how much additional cooling you want etc etc.
Personally, I never rest until my case is a Wind Tunnel.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 8, 2010, 06:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sounds great then! I'll get right to it and report on the findings! :D