Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2010, 09:04 PM
Top Prospect

you might also want to consider buying fans that you can use for your radiator for when you set up your wc.
Old April 1, 2010, 09:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragd View Post
you might also want to consider buying fans that you can use for your radiator for when you set up your wc.
The R4's are perfect for Radiators.

High Static Pressure.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 1, 2010, 09:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragd View Post
Yup, I believe those Coolermaster fit VERY nicely on Black Ice Xtreme 3 X-Flow Radiator - Black Products Model: BIX3_XFLOW-BK [BIX3_XFLOW-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Not even sure if going with that one anyway, a lot can happen in a few months
Old April 2, 2010, 02:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
To be Honest on that Controller, I feel its two weak for your needs.

Espically if you connect R4's which are 4.2W a piece. And depending on how you read that controller its either 12W per channel, or 12W total. If its 12W total its a waste. At 12W per channel you might be okay.

NCIX.com - Buy Lamptron FC5 5.25IN Bay 4 Channel Fan Controller Black - FC-FC5-B In Canada.

I've played with many Controllers. And after only 2 days of ownership I think this is worth the investment.

ST
+1
I have a few green R4's hooked up to the Lamptron FC-5 with matching green LED readout and let me tell ya it looks great (one R4 is on the front just below the controller). Plus with the R4's undervolted to 10V, noise is a non-issue and you still get good performance from it.

Another good fan is the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm. It doesn't push as much as the R4 but in my subjective comparison, it comes pretty close to the R4 and the noise level is lower than the R4. Very good performance/noise ratio. Good fan to pick for those not wanting a sleeve bearing fan. I have 2 hooked up to the Lamptron and at 10V they're practically silent.

Last edited by morphy; April 2, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old April 7, 2010, 02:27 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

not to hijack the thread but i got a similar question

also got the 800D and was wondering what would be best replacement? the R4's(120mm) or some 140mm fans for the case

already got 2 R4's on my cpu, there noise lvl isnt bad, my old case is far worse

the 1 fan i was really wanting to change was the fan next to the HDD's as they run a bit hot in the bay.

My Boinc Stats
Old April 7, 2010, 05:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Additional Fans can never hurt.

I will tell you that a Case full of R4's does get a little noisy. Espically if put on a Plex Side Panel.

For Case fans you can usually ignore the Static PRessure and just aim for a Higher CFM if possible.

My old favorites were Aerocool XtremeTurbine fans which move almost 90CFM , although the noise level is up on those. R4's I already mentioned, YateLoon 88's (CFM Rating of the Blue LED ones) , Gelid Wing 12 or even the SilenX iXtreme Fans would work well for lots of air movement. The only thing about the SilenX fans is that the two I have make a weird vibration the first few seconds before they Spool up to full speed.

Let me know if you need to know of any more options.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 7, 2010, 06:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patramix View Post
not to hijack the thread but i got a similar question

also got the 800D and was wondering what would be best replacement? the R4's(120mm) or some 140mm fans for the case

already got 2 R4's on my cpu, there noise lvl isnt bad, my old case is far worse

the 1 fan i was really wanting to change was the fan next to the HDD's as they run a bit hot in the bay.
I questioned Corsair about their case fans and they told me that they are rated at max 67 CFM The r4's are only Max 69 so unless you want lights I would question changing them,
What do you guys think ?
Old April 7, 2010, 06:18 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

i was wondering on 140mm fans.

i think i can only fit a 140 on the hdd bay and on the bottom plate(next to the wc holes that lead in the psu section), although i need to check to make sure(dont remember seeing 120mm holes there)

i know i can fit 120 in the rest of the case, was wondering if a high pressure fan would do better on the hdd cooling due it having poor airflow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
I questioned Corsair about their case fans and they told me that they are rated at max 67 CFM The r4's are only Max 69 so unless you want lights I would question changing them,
What do you guys think ?
well that's good to know, still wondering about the HDD bay cooling thought

My Boinc Stats
Old April 7, 2010, 06:46 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

when i say R4's are silent, keep in mind i still have Delta's in my old case wizing around(although not a full speed thanks god)

i like the Noctua NF-P14FLX 140MM 750-1200RPM 71-110M3/H 10.1-19.6DBA, high CFM for only 20db, but i cant stand the dam noctua color scheme and would look ugly in my 800D

there's these
Silenx iXtrema Pro Quiet Fan 120MMX38MM 1400RPM 90CFM 18DBA, decent CFM at 18db

id like the keep each fan at around 20db or under, i will be getting a controller here soon also, been looking at the Zalman ZM-MFC3 (anyone got info on it? i like the looks)

also was wondering what to do with the big hole at the top of the case (where the rad would go) while i save up the money for WC i was wondering if i should put 3 fans there, and have them push cool air into the case, might help a bit

My Boinc Stats
Old April 7, 2010, 07:58 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have 6 Xigmatek 140 and 3 Treibwerk 121 (Water Cooled) and my 800 is still quieter than my antec 1200