Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2010, 10:24 AM
Rookie

Default CM Haf or CM Storm Sniper BE

I am purchasing a new case soon but i am stuck between these two cases. They both seem similar but the Sniper has dust filters and black interior. Are the cooling in these two cases the same or different?
Old March 23, 2010, 10:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

They're both exceptional cases so it just comes down to which you prefer.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old March 23, 2010, 10:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Are you open to other suggestions beyond those two cases or does it have to be one or the other for you?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 23, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

The HAF has better cooling. If you don't mind blowing out your case once in awhile HAF is the way to go. The fans are quiet also. I have 2x and I might get the AMD red one for a AMD build. Believe me if you get the HAF you won't be dissappointed.
Old March 23, 2010, 12:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

are you talking about the mid size haf 922 or full size 932?

if its the mid size i'd proably go with the sniper as long as it wasn't to much more. It comes with 3 200mm fans while the haf 922 only comes with 2. I do like red a little more then blue though so it would be a close call in my opinion. probably cant go wrong either way, but 3 jumbo fans is better then 2
Old March 23, 2010, 12:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

to add the the 922 haf does support a third 200mm fan by the way, just doesn't come with it i beleive
Old March 23, 2010, 02:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Do you have any size restrictions? The Storm Sniper BE is a huge case (almost a full tower case in total size). When I received mine I was surprised how big it was but I still love everything about this case. If size is an issue get the HAF as its a bit more compact but I don't see how the airflow of the sniper isn't as good if not greater then either HAF.
Old March 23, 2010, 03:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

In essence both cases are very similar. I have owned both and I must say the little touches on the Sniper made it my favorite (fan controller with led on/off, dust filters, black interior, more front panel connectivity) but HAF 932 supports E-ATX which is always good.

Don't know why the Sniper doesn't, they are almost the same size...

In the end both great cases!!! Go with the one you think looks the best.

Cheers
Old March 23, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Are you open to other suggestions beyond those two cases or does it have to be one or the other for you?

ST
Ditto!!.. Let us know if you are.

If it's only between those two, it depends on what you want to do, yes the HAF does have superior cooling, but if you're just going to be air cooling, then the Sniper storm gets my vote, if you are planning to water cool in the future, then the HAF should be picked.

HAF also seems to be a larger case. But the Storm Sniper also is good descent size with almost everything a HAF has.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old March 24, 2010, 05:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I got up close and personal with both cases last Saturday. I was looking for a full size case for my next build. They are both great cases. I wasn't fussy for the huge side fan on the HAF 932 as there was no dust filter. The HAF 932 AMD edition is the one I bought because of the side window, the extra space I will need and the interior configuration I require for modding.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)