Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2010, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah that's the only down side of the HAF is lack of fan filters, I was looking at a review of the Storm Sniper BE, saw at least on fan filter on the fan near the psu, not sure if there rest have them.

Both cases are pretty good..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old March 24, 2010, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have a Storm Sniper, and it cools really well. I dunno it's a much nicer built case than the HAF if you ask me. It's not light though :P
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 24, 2010, 11:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One of the selling points for the HAF AMD was the option for top or bottom mounted psu. I should have mentioned it earlier.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old March 25, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just in case people dunno, the HAF AMD is basically an original HAF with a pain job, and a custom side panel, (not entirely sure) but maybe a different led fan, but other than that, it has all the features the original HAF does..

Which includes a bottom mounted PSU, as mentioned ^^, a top mounted (with the removal of the top fans).
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old March 26, 2010, 09:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Are you open to other suggestions beyond those two cases or does it have to be one or the other for you?

ST
One or the other because i've never owned a coolermaster case before lol and they seem spacious unlike my 1200.
I'm leaning towards the Storm Sniper more because of the dust filters haha or should i wait for the HAF-X =S
Old March 26, 2010, 10:51 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I would take the Sniper BE, it has similar features to the HAF, plus dust filters and a sweet black interior. That is I would pick the Sniper if it was the only other choice, but have you had a look at the new Coolermaster 690 II? It's also a fantastic case incorparates many of the great features found in the HAF and Sniper BE, including dust filters and all black interior. Sure it may be a little more plain looking....but it's also cheaper and you can price match it for 71.99 which comes to 89.00 after taxes and shipping.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg