Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2010, 08:32 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Corsair 700D now for sale!

Hi all,

Found this just now, so far it seems you can only buy it through Amazon (.com)

Amazon.com: Corsair Obsidian Aluminum Full Tower ATX Enthusiast Case CC700D (Black): Electronics

$250 USD, ~$25 cheaper than the 800D. No hot swap bay nor side panel.... this feels like a ripoff.
Old March 16, 2010, 08:47 AM
Banned

It IS a ripoff....for the money you are better off with the 800D.
Old March 16, 2010, 10:06 AM
MVP

On the other hand, if you have no interest in either of the two features (and/or will window-mod the 700 and just don't care about the hot-swaps) it's not a bad case. It's still got most of the 800's awesome features.

That said, to be honest I don't like either chassis. Besides the hot-swap drives, nothing about the 800 is, to me, better than the ATCS 840.
Old March 16, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Interesting... here's a tidbit for you; that is definitely NOT going to be the price when the case is actually released. Look for much steeper discounts over the original. Corsair's focus with the 700D was to provide a lower cost alternative by knocking out the high priced extra's while still maintaining quality.

Last edited by FiXT; March 16, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old March 16, 2010, 12:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ive been anxiously waiting for the 700D , not now. Ill get myself one of those new italian bench stations that was reviewed here.
Old March 16, 2010, 03:32 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
That said, to be honest I don't like either chassis. Besides the hot-swap drives, nothing about the 800 is, to me, better than the ATCS 840.

you have not play with both of those case,, the 800 is in another class. by far the most friendly case to open, the interior is paint black and you have a side windows to display your expensive WC kit and the cable management, definitively not the same class

Last edited by MarkOne; March 16, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old March 16, 2010, 03:38 PM
MVP

Yeah, the funny thing is I don't really care about those. I can do a window-mod for the case (and get it exactly how I want it, whereas I don't much like the 800D's window), a silver case doesn't need a black inside (and this also can be remedied by modding), and while the cable management may not be in the same class, I don't think the 800D's class is a place I want to be. The 840's looks EXCELLENT, and the number of holes in the 800D is just unnecessary in almost all cases. If you didn't have an E-ATX board it doesn't seem like it'd end up looking good.

Not to mention the ATCS has better airflow (significantly), it's less obnoxiously big, it's MUCH lighter, and unlike the 800, I actually like the looks. Can't beat a full body of brushed aluminum.
Old March 16, 2010, 03:43 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
Not to mention the ATCS has better airflow (significantly),

do you see a problem with my temps, keep in mind the CPU is OC at 4,2ghz, I guess people who buy this case will put it on water.

buy the way ..only the 3 fans on top for my rad blow 88 cfm each...

Last edited by MarkOne; March 16, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old March 16, 2010, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

700D is nice, it's even more minimalistic, which I like.

The price needs to change, and according to FiXT it will....
Old March 16, 2010, 07:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
do you see a problem with my temps, keep in mind the CPU is OC at 4,2ghz, I guess people who buy this case will put it on water.

buy the way ..only the 3 fans on top for my rad blow 88 cfm each...

All I'm saying is I'd put my trust in 3 230mm fans an 1 120mm fan long before I put it in 3 140mm fans (especially for such a huge chassis). Besides, airflow, if everything is watercooled, is not a big issue, which is why the 800D can pass for a great WC chassis...again, still not a big fan regardless.