Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2010, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default Looking for a "different" case

I am looking for a case for a build (same build in my most recent "New Build" post) and can not quite find something one the lines of what the client wants.

- He potentially wants to water cool down the line.
- He is a fan of the NZXT Hades, Tempest EVO, SilverStone Raven RV01.
- Does NOT like the Obsidian 800D or any case that is a basic rectangle for that matter

Up to this point the Raven RV01 is his favorite - but I am thinking about it's water cooling potential. I have seen a log here with a quad rad fit in, but required modding. Is there any way to get a smaller rad in without heavy modding (NO cutting/ dremal work he said lol)

How is the RV02 do water? Can a rad fit in the bottom or would it interfear with the mobo?
Old February 24, 2010, 07:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm really happy with the RV-01. It looks great, runs super quiet with just air and keeps everything nice and cool. IIRC the back panel can be removed and it has holes and mounts for Water cooling already. It has loads of space too, so you shouldn't run into too many issues. If you google, there's a couple of guys who have WC'd their Ravens and had some pics up. I can't remember if it was a quad rad though.....
Old February 24, 2010, 10:52 AM
Top Prospect

Silverstone FT02?

It's definitely a rectangle, but other than the overall shape, its far from standard.

The internals are just cool, its a really neat case.
Powercolor 5870
Velociraptor 150
Seagate LP 2TB
Corsair AX750
Silverstone FT01B-W (HWC review case)

HEATWARE 45-0-0

My Cannondale <3
Old February 24, 2010, 10:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I am looking for a case for a build (same build in my most recent "New Build" post) and can not quite find something one the lines of what the client wants.

- He potentially wants to water cool down the line.
- He is a fan of the NZXT Hades, Tempest EVO, SilverStone Raven RV01.
- Does NOT like the Obsidian 800D or any case that is a basic rectangle for that matter

Up to this point the Raven RV01 is his favorite - but I am thinking about it's water cooling potential. I have seen a log here with a quad rad fit in, but required modding. Is there any way to get a smaller rad in without heavy modding (NO cutting/ dremal work he said lol)

How is the RV02 do water? Can a rad fit in the bottom or would it interfear with the mobo?
What about the Coolermaster Cosmos Series? And no not because I am selling one but because it allows for a Triple Rad up top, good air flow (S version), and has the non rectangular look.
Old February 24, 2010, 12:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Does the Coolermaster HAF 932 count as too box-ish? It's much less square than the Obsidian 800D and you can easily fit a triple rad at the top, as well as multiple single rads throughout the case. Even if your client decides not to watercool, the HAF offers good airflow.