Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2010, 01:20 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default NZXT Lexa S vs. Tempest EVO

Planning on getting a new computer case with more airflow, low price, which should I choose? Both have great looks and most fans included but the price difference $120 for the Tempest and $85 for the Lexa S. Is the Tempest worth getting or are there other sub $100 mid-tower cases that are better? I will not be using water cooling, just 1 or 2 hard drives, and I really want a side window.

Thanks
Old February 15, 2010, 03:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I would personally go for a Lancool PC-K62 or Coolermaster 690-II Advanced instead. I'm not a fan of the design or quality of NZXT cases.
Old February 15, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I would personally go for a Lancool PC-K62 or Coolermaster 690-II Advanced instead. I'm not a fan of the design or quality of NZXT cases.
In your price range.
Old February 15, 2010, 03:30 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Whats the difference between the CM 690 II Basic and Advanced?
Old February 15, 2010, 03:40 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The Advanced has larger fans, a SATA drive dock on the top of the case, more tool-less retention brackets for 5.25" devices, and a few other things.
Old February 16, 2010, 06:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPepper View Post
Planning on getting a new computer case with more airflow, low price, which should I choose? Both have great looks and most fans included but the price difference $120 for the Tempest and $85 for the Lexa S. Is the Tempest worth getting or are there other sub $100 mid-tower cases that are better? I will not be using water cooling, just 1 or 2 hard drives, and I really want a side window.

Thanks
From using both CM and NZXT Cases I appriciate the features that both give.

For Total Cooling Solution I can't Fault NZXT Tempest EVO at all. It really gives everything One could ask for in a Case Cooling Setup. Save for the CM Advanced II . For something Cheaper the Lexa S does offer good Value, but then again I am one to change out the Fans I get regardless of who supplies me the case, as I find Stock Cooling Solutions not up to my requirements.

The Choice is ultimately yours, but both Manufacturers offer good Solutions depending on what you are willing to Spend.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com