Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2007, 07:06 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Comment Thread for Hiper Anubis Review

This is a great case which is a bit on the pricy side...and good luck finding it in Canada. Hipe is trying to set up distribution here so stay tuned.

IMO, this might be one of the better mid-tower ATX cases on the market.

Please feel free to post your comments, questions, rants and raves in this thread.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...se-review.html

Last edited by SKYMTL; October 18, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old October 12, 2007, 11:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

So no front or rear fan is included??? That's pretty bizzare.

Other than that, it looks like a fairly decent case. Does it look like there'd be enough room to install a bottom mount 240 rad if the lower "fan box" was moved upwards, and higher feet installed?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 12, 2007, 12:23 PM

Do you have the actual width of a 2-fan rad? I think it can actually fit inside the case if the hard drive rack is moved up.....

And no....there is only one 120mm fan included. At first I thought it got eaten by the shipping monster that destroyed the packaging but Hiper themselves confirmed that there is only one.
Old October 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I just measured my swiftech MCR320-QP-K and it comes in at 5" across. Add close to 2" over and above 2X120 fans and you'll have close to the length.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 12, 2007, 01:07 PM

Anyone have a spare el-cheapo 2-fan rad they can send me? I think it might just fit with a few lines of my Velcro Ultramate....
Old October 12, 2007, 01:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Anyone have a spare el-cheapo 2-fan rad they can send me? I think it might just fit with a few lines of my Velcro Ultramate....
Heh.... my old TT kit is already gone out the door....... :)

Old October 12, 2007, 06:33 PM

I will have a rad on its way soon to try in the Anubis. By from that I can see it will fit in the 5.25" cage without a problem and draw air in or expel air from the front of the case.
Old October 15, 2007, 09:33 PM
Rookie

As I own the Hiper Anubis, I agree with most of the review, but must add a few points.

First of all, it is possible to remove any/all of the top mounted ports wiring, but it's a little tricky, you have to remove the 3.5" bay device and at least the next 5.25" bay cover. You can now get at the wiring, each device, be it the USB ports or the audio ports is attached to the top by a connector, so if you are like me and don't have any use for the audio connections, just gently pull them out from the top and all three audio lines have been removed.

Second, the reviewer should have mounted a fan on the hard drive cage (which is one of the best I've ever worked with), because the fan does not fit flush with the front bezel but expose's the entire fan housing. With the door closed, no big deal, but with the door opened it looks like the fan was added as an after thought.

Third, if you have a video card or or other expansion device that requires two slots, then you have to remove one screw besides the break away slot covers. Because there is almost no room for someone with chubby fingers, it is a real chore to replace the removed screw.

One last point, the hard drive cage slides into the case on two rails (at least on my Anubis), thus it can only be used in the bottom three bays, preventing anyone from changing the hard drive bay location.

I emailed Hiper Group with my findings and was told by them that a revision would take care of most of the problems. In the meantime I paid $229.00 US plus shipping for this case and for that I expected much more than I received.

While I like allot about the case, if I had it to do over, I'd wait for the revision to hit the market.

Last edited by PowerHungry; October 16, 2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old October 18, 2007, 05:18 AM

Wow, good points!! Sorry I missed them from a few days ago. Let me address a few of them. I like the fact that you are commenting because you have probably had MUCH more time to play around with it than I did.

Quote:
First of all, it is possible to remove any/all of the top mounted ports wiring, but it's a little tricky, you have to remove the 3.5" bay device and at least the next 5.25" bay cover. You can now get at the wiring, each device, be it the USB ports or the audio ports is attached to the top by a connector, so if you are like me and don't have any use for the audio connections, just gently pull them out from the top and all three audio lines have been removed.
Good point. I only found this out after the review was published.

Quote:
Second, the reviewer should have mounted a fan on the hard drive cage (which is one of the best I've ever worked with), because the fan does not fit flush with the front bezel but expose's the entire fan housing. With the door closed, no big deal, but with the door opened it looks like the fan was added as an after thought.
Unfortunately, time constrains did not allow me to do this. The fan I was going to use (my only extra one at the time) was lodged onto a workstation with a stripped screw. Heck, it seems like stripped screws have become a norm around here lately... again, good point.

Quote:
Third, if you have a video card or or other expansion device that requires two slots, then you have to remove one screw besides the break away slot covers. Because there is almost no room for someone with chubby fingers, it is a real chore to replace the removed screw.
Luckily for me, I have dainty little fingers. I found this was more of a problem with the front top-mounted drive bay screws...

Quote:
One last point, the hard drive cage slides into the case on two rails (at least on my Anubis), thus it can only be used in the bottom three bays, preventing anyone from changing the hard drive bay location.
That is interesting because if you look in the review you will see that it mounted on one of the topmost rails without a problem.
Old October 18, 2007, 08:10 AM
Rookie

That is interesting because if you look in the review you will see that it mounted on one of the topmost rails without a problem.

My Anubis doesn't allow for this, but it would be a good change if incorporated into the design.