Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Another case recommendation thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/27656-another-case-recommendation-thread.html)

Navi January 11, 2010 03:14 PM

Another case recommendation thread

Hey all,

I plan on ordering my new comp at the end of the month and am seriously considering buying a new case. My old sunbeam transformer just isn't cutting the mustard, especially in terms of cable management.

I thought about getting a Lian Li but many of their cases are outside of my price range. I would die for the Corsair Obsidian but, again, price is the issue. I'm surprised at how many cases are available and the number of different options that one can get.

I really want a case with a a black interior and lots of space behind the mobo tray for routing my cables. A clean look is preferred as well. And I would like to use the Coolermaster 212+, hopefully without removing any side panel fans (if it features one). A tall order for less than $150 CDN. Here is a short list of the cases I have found so far:

Lancool K62
NZXT Tempest EVO
Coolermaster Storm Sniper, Black Edition
Lian Li PC-60FNWB
Lian Li PC-7FNWB

Coolermaster 690 Advanced II

I know the Lian Li's don't have black interiors but they look stunning! And they have modular hdd bays, so that I can turn them such that they don't impede airflow (as much as 90 deg position).

Come to think of it, I could order the case later, assuming I pick the Advanced II, so the 'deadline' isn't really that big a deal.

Are there other cases out there that I haven't seen that meet these requirements? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I will be ordering from NCIX, but am somewhat willing to buy elsewhere if the case is that good:biggrin:

EDIT 2: Should mention that I like windows, all the easier to see my hardware :)

sswilson January 11, 2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Coolermaster 690 Advanced II
This would be my choice, but then again I haven't actually had one in my hands yet so I'm going on spec, and general impressions from the first reviews on it.

MarkOne January 11, 2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navi (Post 316029)
I know the Lian Li's don't have black interiors but they look stunning! And they have modular hdd bays, so

the Lancool is a Lian Li with black Interior. It's just not in Aluminum

Navi January 11, 2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkOne (Post 316034)
the Lancool is a Lian Li with black Interior. It's just not in Aluminum

I should've written that more clearly, I was referring to the 2 Lian Li cases I listed in my original post. But it's good to know that the Lancool is still of high quality :thumb:

revixd January 11, 2010 03:55 PM

I went pretty all-out and bought a Silverstone Raven RV01 for 280$. I love the 90 Degree Rotation of the motherboard tray, and trust me, it works. AND, its silent. I'm typing this and my keyboard makes more sound than my system. If you want something cheaper, while still offering the same/if not better airflow and cable management, i would get a Silverstone Raven RV02.

MarkOne January 11, 2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navi (Post 316038)
I should've written that more clearly, I was referring to the 2 Lian Li cases I listed in my original post. But it's good to know that the Lancool is still of high quality :thumb:

it was wrote properly.

Navi January 11, 2010 05:51 PM

Man I need some sleep, can't read anymore, too many reading to do for school :P

Thanks for all the replies, so far the general consensus is to wait for the Advanced II. But, according to the review here, there does not seem to be a windowed version. I've read that there may be a windowed sku as well. Only time will tell.

Keep the recommendations coming!

jcmaz January 11, 2010 06:04 PM

How bout Lancool K56W or K58 and order a window from Lian Li.

Navi January 11, 2010 06:11 PM

Thanks for the reply, jcmaz. Those are, indeed, great looking cases. However, the interiors are not black, and I'm not great with a rattle can :P

EDIT: Just read an article on teh front page here, apparently AMD is releasing new chipsets in Q2. Looks like I'll wait till then. If anything, the prices for the old stuff will decrease :)

RangerBill January 14, 2010 04:02 PM

I'm really in to that coolermaster