Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I saw this topic and forgot about this case. Was definitely close to pulling the trigger. Tack that in with the free ground shipping with the gift card this week....oops I ordered one. HTPC upgrade time!
Old June 13, 2010, 05:40 PM
Top Prospect

Stupid question guys, but how do I install an optical drive to the second bay of the case? There is that metal plate in there and I don't know how to remove it. I don't even understand the logic in placing that plate there given that most people will install at least a second optical drive in there.
Old June 14, 2010, 03:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Stupid question guys, but how do I install an optical drive to the second bay of the case? There is that metal plate in there and I don't know how to remove it. I don't even understand the logic in placing that plate there given that most people will install at least a second optical drive in there.
Can someone answer my question above?
Old June 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Try unscrewing the 4 thumb screws on the second hard drive and than you should see that there is something in it. Take it out and install the second hard drive.
Old June 14, 2010, 05:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure, why the plates are there, but it might just be so the manufacturers don't have to deal with so much scrap metal.

To remove the metal plate, take off the plastic front of the case (pull at the bottom of the panel where there is a hole for your hand) and then just twist that metal plate off.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:47 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMyDay View Post
Try unscrewing the 4 thumb screws on the second hard drive and than you should see that there is something in it. Take it out and install the second hard drive.
I'm talking about the optical drive and not the hard drive.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:48 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilocient View Post
I'm not entirely sure, why the plates are there, but it might just be so the manufacturers don't have to deal with so much scrap metal.

To remove the metal plate, take off the plastic front of the case (pull at the bottom of the panel where there is a hole for your hand) and then just twist that metal plate off.
There is no other way to remove the metal plate other than twisting it out? Sounds kind of similar to what Antec cases are like.
Old June 15, 2010, 01:45 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Twisting is the easiest way to get it off. It doesn't take much force at all.
Old June 15, 2010, 07:58 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

thats a nice case. lots of storage space.
Old June 16, 2010, 07:46 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
I'm talking about the optical drive and not the hard drive.
Oops, my apologies. I actually meant taking off the 4 thumb screws on the second Optical drive cage and removing the 3.5" bay converter to swap in a second 5.25" optical drive.