Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81 (permalink)  
Old June 11, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,411

My System Specs

Default

I saw this topic and forgot about this case. Was definitely close to pulling the trigger. Tack that in with the free ground shipping with the gift card this week....oops I ordered one. HTPC upgrade time!
Reply With Quote
  #82 (permalink)  
Old June 13, 2010, 05:40 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Stupid question guys, but how do I install an optical drive to the second bay of the case? There is that metal plate in there and I don't know how to remove it. I don't even understand the logic in placing that plate there given that most people will install at least a second optical drive in there.
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)  
Old June 14, 2010, 03:03 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Stupid question guys, but how do I install an optical drive to the second bay of the case? There is that metal plate in there and I don't know how to remove it. I don't even understand the logic in placing that plate there given that most people will install at least a second optical drive in there.
Can someone answer my question above?
Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)  
Old June 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11

My System Specs

Default

Try unscrewing the 4 thumb screws on the second hard drive and than you should see that there is something in it. Take it out and install the second hard drive.
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)  
Old June 14, 2010, 05:30 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 141

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Stupid question guys, but how do I install an optical drive to the second bay of the case? There is that metal plate in there and I don't know how to remove it. I don't even understand the logic in placing that plate there given that most people will install at least a second optical drive in there.
I'm not entirely sure, why the plates are there, but it might just be so the manufacturers don't have to deal with so much scrap metal.

To remove the metal plate, take off the plastic front of the case (pull at the bottom of the panel where there is a hole for your hand) and then just twist that metal plate off.
Reply With Quote
  #86 (permalink)  
Old June 14, 2010, 09:47 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMyDay View Post
Try unscrewing the 4 thumb screws on the second hard drive and than you should see that there is something in it. Take it out and install the second hard drive.
I'm talking about the optical drive and not the hard drive.
Reply With Quote
  #87 (permalink)  
Old June 14, 2010, 09:48 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilocient View Post
I'm not entirely sure, why the plates are there, but it might just be so the manufacturers don't have to deal with so much scrap metal.

To remove the metal plate, take off the plastic front of the case (pull at the bottom of the panel where there is a hole for your hand) and then just twist that metal plate off.
There is no other way to remove the metal plate other than twisting it out? Sounds kind of similar to what Antec cases are like.
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)  
Old June 15, 2010, 01:45 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 141

My System Specs

Default

Twisting is the easiest way to get it off. It doesn't take much force at all.
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)  
Old June 15, 2010, 07:58 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47

My System Specs

Default

thats a nice case. lots of storage space.
Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)  
Old June 16, 2010, 07:46 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I'm talking about the optical drive and not the hard drive.
Oops, my apologies. I actually meant taking off the 4 thumb screws on the second Optical drive cage and removing the 3.5" bay converter to swap in a second 5.25" optical drive.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[WTB] tagen/ABS Black Pearl case. kyle_L Buy/Sell & Trade 3 June 6, 2009 03:12 PM
Tagan Black Pearl lanken123 Cases 2 February 16, 2009 09:09 PM
Cosmos S or Black Pearl SugarJ Water Cooling 9 January 3, 2009 12:38 PM
Tagan Black Pearl log lowfat Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 83 August 31, 2008 11:46 PM
The Tagan Black Pearl :D mattlef Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 6 August 30, 2008 09:07 AM