Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2010, 08:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Put the drive in the bay and use the screws provided by Fractal to screw it in place.
Here's a link showing a rig all set up Fractal Design Define R2 - reviewed by MetkuMods - Because you love your hardware!

Looks they used thumbscrews for one bay and normal screws for the upper bay.
Old April 25, 2010, 08:54 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilocient View Post
Put the drive in the bay and use the screws provided by Fractal to screw it in place.
Here's a link showing a rig all set up Fractal Design Define R2 - reviewed by MetkuMods - Because you love your hardware!

Looks they used thumbscrews for one bay and normal screws for the upper bay.
So I slide the drive in from the inside of the case? I don't have to remove the front door to install it? How do I remove the faceplate that's blocking the 5.25" bays?
Old April 26, 2010, 03:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sorry, i forgot about that bit. You need to remove the front panel and remove the 5.25 in plate.

Check out this link.
Fractal Design Define R2 - reviewed by MetkuMods - Because you love your hardware!

They say you need to press the plastic pegs on the inside of the case to get them out, then the front panel should slide off. After that the standard front cover plate has 2 tabs on either side that you can push in and the plate will pop out.

As to installing from the inside or the outside, its up to you; either works, but when you get your motherboard+cooler in, it'll be quite tricky to go from the inside out, if its possible at all.
Old April 27, 2010, 07:34 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

i love the case my onli niggle with the case is u cnt fit a fan controller(the 1s with the knobs) in the front as the door wont close i think bill owen on mnpctech turnt his around and had it inside the case
Old April 27, 2010, 11:14 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Did these cases just disappear from NCIX? It doesn't show up in search and going through the old links directly and adding to the shopping cart gives an "item not available" error.

y u do this ;_;
Old April 27, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovine.baron View Post
Did these cases just disappear from NCIX? It doesn't show up in search and going through the old links directly and adding to the shopping cart gives an "item not available" error.

y u do this ;_;

Just asked about this myself actually. There was a minor issue with with faulty USB cables in the unit and they are working to get them all fixed. Nothing serious and nothing that would cause damage.

They have a bunch in stock and will be put back on sale when a solution is found
Old April 27, 2010, 11:32 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you, FiXT, good to know. I got a good scare there.
Old April 27, 2010, 01:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Shame I was about to order one when they removed them.

Old April 28, 2010, 01:39 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Just asked about this myself actually. There was a minor issue with with faulty USB cables in the unit and they are working to get them all fixed. Nothing serious and nothing that would cause damage.

They have a bunch in stock and will be put back on sale when a solution is found
What about for the people that have bought their cases? Should we expect any issues with them?
Old April 28, 2010, 01:42 AM
Top Prospect

First, I need to make a comment about this case. I've been busy over the last couple of days so I couldn't finished building my computer. It's partially built at the moment, but one thing that is kind of pissing me off is how the bitumen material is coming off. My assumption is the lack of adhesive to hold the bitumen pieces in. Part of the bitumen pieces on the side panel and in the 5.25" bay area is partially loose. What do I do?