Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2010, 01:54 AM
Top Prospect

Ok new problem here. Recently I received the new replacement USB cable from Linus. The problem now is that one of the USB port at the front of the case have no power. How do I know? Well, if I were to take a USB flash drive and place it to the first USB port, then it'll light up and work. If I place it in the second USB port, which is in between the first USB port and the ESATA port, then there is no power. Nothing is turned on. Can someone tell me what's going on and how I can fix it? Thx!
Old June 24, 2010, 09:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Ok new problem here. Recently I received the new replacement USB cable from Linus. The problem now is that one of the USB port at the front of the case have no power. How do I know? Well, if I were to take a USB flash drive and place it to the first USB port, then it'll light up and work. If I place it in the second USB port, which is in between the first USB port and the ESATA port, then there is no power. Nothing is turned on. Can someone tell me what's going on and how I can fix it? Thx!
Try taking off the front panel, get a small screw driver and push down the usb connector more securely.
Old June 24, 2010, 09:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Double-check and make sure the cable for the front USB ports is properly plugged into the header on the motherboard.
Old June 27, 2010, 04:11 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMyDay View Post
Try taking off the front panel, get a small screw driver and push down the usb connector more securely.
You're right! That absolutely did the trick! Now there's power going to both USB ports. I actually got this fixed a couple of days ago, but I forgot to update this thread. Thx again for the tip!
Old June 27, 2010, 08:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just got my case from NCIX and the even supplied a new USB header and instructions on how to change it. Good work NCIX! As for the "smell", there is a bit of a funky smell (the sound dampening material), but it isnt that bad. Nice case, feels solid, and that material is heavy. Only down fall is that the top of mine had a few blemishes and very light scrathes.
Old July 19, 2010, 02:07 PM
Top Prospect

Wow! Nice case. I was expecting price in 200+ range, but for 110 it was great deal while it lasted.
Old July 24, 2010, 06:10 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Look what I found...
Fractal Design's future cases | bit-tech.net
Super Sized! The Fractal Design Define XL | bit-tech.net
Fractal Design: Less Ape, more HTPC | bit-tech.net

Edit: NCIX will have them in stock soon.
NCIX.com - Buy Fractal Design Define R3 Black ATX Mid Tower Silent Computer Case 2X5.25 8X3.5INT No PS Front USB - DEFINE-R3-BLACK In Canada.

Last edited by MakeMyDay; July 24, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old July 26, 2010, 02:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you refresh and look quickly, it will say the ETA is 8-11-2010. Very soon then. Personally I'm gonna wait for the XL.