Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2010, 08:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I love the case, and am curious to what the extra expansion slot is too.

My only gripe is if we are going to have to pay $30-40 extra on this case to buy an optional Side Panel with Window like the old CM690.

I hope not, otherwise this is in my top 10.

As for the extra 80mm Fan Placement, is that for a standard size or slim size 80mm?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 6, 2010, 09:53 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

As for the extra 80mm Fan Placement, is that for a standard size or slim size 80mm?

ST
80MM X 15MM so thin style.
Old January 6, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

One thing that bugged me about the original case was when you put the 120mm fans on the side panel. It would end up either creating a lot of noise or a crazy vibration as the panels were never that thick or heavy and you'd have to put something under the fan to slightly raise it to get rid of the turbulence.

Is this still the case?

Definitely have to say the changes are good.
Old January 6, 2010, 11:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

That looks like one hell of a nice case. and i love the price. not to mention the reviewer. haha, loved the subtle jokes.
Old January 6, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review sky! This case is awesome and maybe...it's time for a server case upgrade:)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 6, 2010, 12:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

According to Olin at BMR, there's 4 models. The 690 II, 690 II with window, the 690 II Advanced, and Advanced with window.
Old January 6, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

edit...
nvm, i'm a dumbass

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter

Last edited by mattlef; January 6, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old January 6, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
According to Olin at BMR, there's 4 models. The 690 II, 690 II with window, the 690 II Advanced, and Advanced with window.
AFAIK CM ha not mentioned anything more than there will be a separate model with window and/or separate window side panel available in certain markets.

There is both the regular 690 II and 690 II Advanced. I can't imagine them releasing 2 more variations of each for four models. It seems more likely they would provide a optional purchasable side panel but I could be wrong.
Old January 6, 2010, 04:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
AFAIK CM ha not mentioned anything more than there will be a separate model with window and/or separate window side panel available in certain markets.

There is both the regular 690 II and 690 II Advanced. I can't imagine them releasing 2 more variations of each for four models. It seems more likely they would provide a optional purchasable side panel but I could be wrong.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...=431&Itemid=61

Olin actually quotes the 4 model numbers from Coolermaster. I humbly accept your apology. From what I can see the Advanced models have the hot-swap bay up top, and the "un-Advanced" models do not. Will dealers stock 4 skus? Not likely. I'd stock the solid panel Advanced version, and have a few separate window panels in stock.

IIRC the 690 also had a model that came with the window instead of the solid side panel, although most people bought the window panel separately. And I'm not thinking of the nVidia edition either.
Old January 6, 2010, 05:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Suggestion for future reviews: Screw a pair of fans into the radiator so we can see what kind of height is left. Also maybe measure the amount of space behind the motherboard tray for wire management?

Otherwise solid review, looks like a good case with a nearly perfect layout.

And maybe in the future, you could get a sound meter and do sound testing? I don't know how expensive/difficult that would be though. Would be nice however to see how noisy the stock fans are, and then load up the case with a bunch of the same fans and see how noisy it becomes.