Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default mATX Case

Looking for something fairly silent/quiet, holds 5 (or more) hard drives without use of any adapters, and ideally in the mATX form factor. Don't really need a full ATX case, but if I have to, then I can deal with it.

Doesn't need a ton of cooling, but the hard drives should either have a fan in front of them or at the very least some vents. Preferably filtered too. It's going to hold my server which is probably going to be an Athlon II X2 240 and 785G motherboard.

I'm digging the Mini P180 so far, but it's a bit on the expensive side. Just wondering if there's any other alternatives out there. And if it's to be an ATX Mid-Tower, then it cannot be any larger than the original Antec 900.
Old December 26, 2009, 02:06 PM
MVP

If the full-ATX form factor doesn't bother you, you might check out the NZXT Gamma. It's only got 1 fan (unfortunately) but I hear the fan is dead silent and it's not so big. If you need something on the cheap that's the way I'd go.
Old December 26, 2009, 02:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
If the full-ATX form factor doesn't bother you, you might check out the NZXT Gamma. It's only got 1 fan (unfortunately) but I hear the fan is dead silent and it's not so big. If you need something on the cheap that's the way I'd go.
It's not bad, but that silly front design looks like a ton of dust would get inside. Ideally I don't want to have to be dusting out my server every month.
Old December 26, 2009, 04:37 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
It's not bad, but that silly front design looks like a ton of dust would get inside. Ideally I don't want to have to be dusting out my server every month.
Could try the Beta Evo then. It's got the fan up front cooling the HDDs, so it's positive air pressure, and it's filtered up front.
Old December 26, 2009, 04:43 PM
Banned
F@H

the mini P180 white is in special ( if the color fit your need )

Newegg.ca - Antec Mini P180 White Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Old December 26, 2009, 05:11 PM
MVP

I'd take that deal.
Old December 26, 2009, 08:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
the mini P180 white is in special ( if the color fit your need )

Newegg.ca - Antec Mini P180 White Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
But the $35 shipping is a killer :(

At least DC/NCIX are only $25. And if I was to order all the parts for my server, shipping would be free with DirectCanada.