Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 21, 2009, 09:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Best bang for buck case

Hi all, been having some woes with watercooling and my lancool-k62 so ive decided to get something bigger to properly accomodate a dual radiator setup. I would like something with a rear 2 x 120mm fan option so I can easily mount the rad externally.

Looking for suggestions to what to get, max budget on a case is 200 with shipping. Would like to get it a whole lot cheaper if possible as I dont give a rats ass what it looks like and dont use 90% of the features that most promote. All Id like is something spacious, but right size enough to maintain proper static pressure in the case once sealed, something to properly mount a 240mm externally while being fairly cheap if possible.

Thanks fer your time all.
Old December 21, 2009, 10:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Antec 1200 seems like it could be a viable option here with hte dual 120 on the rear.
Old December 22, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Top rad is better option IMO. Here are some. They all can fit a dual rad in the top of the case and they are in your price. For the read dual fan they are rare and there is the 12 hundred.
NCIX.com - Buy Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Case 6X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PSU USB eSATA 1394 Audio - RC-932-KKN1 In Canada.
NCIX.com - Buy NZXT Tempest EATX Mid Tower Case Black 3X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5INT No PS Front USB Firewire Audio - Tempest In Canada.
NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster cm 690 Mid Tower Black ATX Case 5X5.25 5X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound Firewire & eSATA - RC-690-KKN1 In Canada.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 22, 2009, 10:37 AM
MVP

+1 to the HAF 932, and the 922 would work too. Other good options would be the ATCS 840 (may exceed your budget), any of the recent NZXT chassis (Lexa S, Tempest EVO, Hades once it comes out, etc.), and a number of others. Also, why mount externally? If you do get the 932 or the 840 there's more than enough room to mount inside the case, which makes for a much cleaner look.
Old December 22, 2009, 11:58 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

You can fit the 2 220 rads internally in the ATCS 840/HAF 932. The ATCS will exceed your budget, but dam it's pretty
Old December 23, 2009, 06:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

My main issue with top mounting radiators is the severe lack of space between the top of the motherboard and the top of the case.There is almost never enough room for a double thick radiator.So I figured a case with a dual 120mm rear fan option is the best option. Looks like im going to go with an antec 1200 as I might be able to get one here used for a lot less then what my budget will be.
Old December 24, 2009, 08:24 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

azza solina 1000 or whatever it was called really caught my eye, turned out it was $120-40USD mir, keyword USD... other than that, I was quite curious too. I did a bit of shopping, and some cases caught my eye, but I'm sure I've missed plenty. Sorry too lazy to link...
-nzxt beta evo, some other nzxt cases that looks like the evo
-cm690 2
-the new CM case with the silly red grill that we all got in our rss feeds yesterday, on hwc homepage
-nzxt m59, nzxt gamma

I ended up with the haf932 that was onsale @ ncix tonight, it's not the best budget 'bang-for-buck' case especially if you want black interior, but it's very functional and suits my need well. I have a modded cm690 right now which I'll be giving to a friend when my haf arrives. If you're looking for a black interior case, the cm690 v2 is the way to go if you don't mind the wait. Otherwise, shop around for azza or nzxt cases, they're making a comeback into the market after a few years
Old December 25, 2009, 11:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Interior color dont mean squat to me. And the all black interior has a major flaw in it, you need extreme light to see inside the case when its being worked on lol. The new CM case thats coming out really has my attention, but my yearly budget has to be submitted soon and I dont have the option of waiting to get a price on it.