Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2009, 02:30 PM
Trial Member

Default Cooler Master Centurion 5 Questions

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum so first I will shortly introduce myself
My name is Tim and I'm from The Netherlands, 17 years old and currently studying. My hobbies are pc gaming, pc hardware, pc software, console gaming and watching movies.

Okay, so I have a few questions regarding my case. Its a Cooler Master Centurion 5 (Black/Silver).

I have the following hardware running in it:

E8400 @ 3,6 Ghz Stock Cooling
MSI P43 Neo-F
2 GB DDR2 Kingston @ 800 Mhz
Scythe Kamariki 4 Plug-in 650 Watt (coming soon and replaces Antec Basiq 500 Watt)
Asus HD5770 V2 1GB GDDR5 (coming soon and replaces MSI R4850)
Western Digital 640 GB
LG DVD Drive

Does this case provide goed enough cooling for al those components and if not, where can I place extra fans in the case or which fans should I put in this case?

Is there any possibiliy of routing the cables somewhere where they can't be seen and will improve airflow?

Where can I get a side window for this case?

Does this case fit a HD5770?

Thanks for answering the questions, if you need any pictures of my current setup (without GPU and PSU), then let me know
Old November 23, 2009, 08:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

From my experience with the Centurion 5 is there is not much you can do as far as cooling. If you cut out the metal plate in the front you could drill holes for a 120mm fan, or if you still have most of the metal plates on the drive bays you can cut and mount one there. I found though that the 80mm+120 combo that you get there doesn't have the best air flow.

As for the GPU my guess is that it won't fit. I had an 8600GT in there and even that convinced me to get a new case because it almost touched the back of my hard drives. If you pop a few rivets and take out the 3.5" bays and use 3.5-5.25" to mount the hard drive then yes...otherwise get a tape measure and look up the manufacturers spec.

Far as the side window goes you could probably get one direct from cooler master, mine came with. Otherwise you could cut your own (I never really was a fan of the way that window was mounted)
Old November 23, 2009, 12:06 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoToXxiCc View Post
Does this case provide goed enough cooling for al those components and if not, where can I place extra fans in the case or which fans should I put in this case?

Is there any possibiliy of routing the cables somewhere where they can't be seen and will improve airflow?

Where can I get a side window for this case?

Does this case fit a HD5770?

Thanks for answering the questions, if you need any pictures of my current setup (without GPU and PSU), then let me know
1. Yes, cooling is good enough for those components. See my sig for an example of what you can run in a Centurion 5 while still maintaining reasonable temps.

2. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do with the cables unless you want to start cutting holes (and even then there isn't much space).

3. You might be able to find one from an online retailer or from Coolermaster's own online store, but they may have discontinued it. You could also try to find one used, or you could just make your own side panel window.

4. Yes, it will definitely fit a 5770. I have a GTX260 in mine which is a larger card, and although it's tight it still fits.
Old November 23, 2009, 12:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wow, my temps were pretty high when I had my case...and things were pretty tight with my cards...guess its been a while since i used the thing since it's so small. Will be interesting to go back to using it now that it's completely gutted

EDIT: Oops, I think my problem with it was there was just no wiggle room to get anything out of the bays. How quickly i forget
Old December 12, 2009, 12:13 AM
MVP

My System Specs

With a lot of work you can hide cables fine in the Centurion 5.

Here is an example:

Keep in mind these aren't my pics, but from a member called Sladesurfer who used to attend various forums. (His cable management was always )
-Deadpool