Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Vintank, it sounds like you have a fairly similar setup to me, PSU wise. I know I posted pictures somewhere, but here's a link to them: Picasa Web Albums - JD - Antec 900

However I don't use the top audio ports so that cable is just tucked away.
Old December 26, 2007, 12:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintank View Post
I currently have an Antec 900 and I love the case it was easy to work with and to has the best airflow out of any case I have seen, now I am not a stickler for having all the cables out of the way, and with my OCZ Gamestream pwr supply upside down I found that using zip ties and stuffing the extra cables under the bottom drive bay worked really nicely, as well I will eventually probably drill some holes in the bottom to zip tie them down rather then just together. I have had no problem with connectors other than the top audio connector has to go through the middle of the case, I use both onboard sound and my Azuntech sound card, just so I can play a game and have vent through my headset all while having game sound on.

now I actually have a question I am looking for a case that is bigger thanks this one but do not want to lose the airflow that the antec 900 has does anyone have any suggestions
There are many cases out there now that have better airflow than the 900. The 900 only has "decent" airflow due to the amount of speed holes the silly case has. Take a look at the CM690 for example or even the Stacker 832 if you want a case that has good airflow.
Old December 26, 2007, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintank View Post
I currently have an Antec 900 and I love the case it was easy to work with and to has the best airflow out of any case I have seen, now I am not a stickler for having all the cables out of the way, and with my OCZ Gamestream pwr supply upside down I found that using zip ties and stuffing the extra cables under the bottom drive bay worked really nicely, as well I will eventually probably drill some holes in the bottom to zip tie them down rather then just together. I have had no problem with connectors other than the top audio connector has to go through the middle of the case, I use both onboard sound and my Azuntech sound card, just so I can play a game and have vent through my headset all while having game sound on.

now I actually have a question I am looking for a case that is bigger thanks this one but do not want to lose the airflow that the antec 900 has does anyone have any suggestions
had that problem and solved it by picking up an extension cable
Internal AC-97 Audio Cable Extention Products Model: INT-AC97-EXT [INT-AC97-EXT] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Attached Images

Old December 26, 2007, 02:35 PM
MVP

best i can do right now without cutting holes into the motherboard tray... im happy with it. Would like to tidy the top bay up, cause that seems to be the uglyest, but what are ya gonna do!!!

i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old December 27, 2007, 10:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

nice I have been thinking about cutting up the panel but I am okay with them being tucked underneath the bottom hdd cage for now, besides looking at getting a mountain mods case the duality one so I can have two systems in on box this way the wife will stop complaining as she will have her own system instead of always trying to kick me off of mine :P unfortunately its going to be like 3k for all the parts for the systems haha oh well

nice setups by the way everyone, will take some pictures in the next couple days to show everyone my wiring. and jdrom is your power supply mounted right side up or upside down I can't tell, I ended up putting mine upside down as I didn't think there was enough airflow underneath it if it was right side up
Old January 12, 2008, 02:47 PM
Rookie

Its not that hard to make it look good just some time and a demmel.
pics to follow
Old January 12, 2008, 02:50 PM
Rookie

Since the pic was taken all the fans have been replaces with Scythes mid speed fan so it still quiet, and another harddrive was added so 3x250 raid 0 and a 500gb back up. Also another fan was added to the cpu so push pull.
Old January 12, 2008, 03:36 PM
Allstar

I am getting the thermalright extreme pretty soon (silly mail), and can't seem to find a definitive answer to the question "point towards the back or the top"?

I can see arguements for both.

Anyone tried both?
Old January 12, 2008, 05:03 PM
Rookie

I've had it in both ways, if using two fans up seems best for me. I figure the 200 mm fan will have no problem getting rid of the heat on low setting. I put this thing together to be quiet and move a lot of air. All the fans except top are now scythes. Idle on my Q6600 is 34-35 , full load seldom gets above 55, its at 3ghz stock volts.
Old January 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Yes, those are rubber-bands holding my fan on my TRUE120 lol

I couldn't fit the side fan if I push from the bottom of the TRUE120 so I put it on top pulling air out toward the 200mm fan on top of the case. Monitored load temperatures with the 1200RPM fan on my heatsink with the fan pulling or pushing toward the top, but there wasn't really any difference.

The teeny weeny fan on the Maximus Formula's northbridge made a big difference (8degree temp drop). Spotcool blowing toward SB and bottom end of vid card.

Hmmm, still need to hide the cables. Probably going to give the case to my brother and get a new one on my next major build (I'd like a little more space to work with).
Antec NeoPower Blue 650W, Antec 900

HTPC: X2 64 5000+ Black @3.3ghz (AC 64 Pro)
A-Data DDR 800 2 x 1gb, Radeon 2600 Pro HDMI
Asus M2N-E, Antec Sonata, 380W TruePower

Last edited by EddieTO; January 13, 2008 at 02:57 PM.