Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

thnx. having access to a paint booth at work helped. and that link to that tutorial is actually where i got started. everything else came from hours of googling and pestering the helpful folks on these forums.

btw, THANK-YOU Hardware Canucks for a successful first build.
(cheesey, i know, but you guys helped me out alot)
Old September 9, 2007, 08:24 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
a lot of power supply you put into the 900 mount upside down and the fan faces the wrong way.
how so ?
as for modding, i looked at it as a project. kept me busy and out of trouble. i enjoyed it
Old September 9, 2007, 08:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklmo View Post
how so ?
as for modding, i looked at it as a project. kept me busy and out of trouble. i enjoyed it
Look at acolites case, he has the ocz power supply and it mounts upside down and by that I mean the fan is towards the case bottom and the wires are to the outside of the case.

Proper mounting would be fan up cables to the inside or fan down and cables to the inside with a vent hole on the bottom which is why we put a 120mm fan port on the bottom of the case so it could be mounted properly.
Old September 9, 2007, 08:41 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

ok, i see what you mean now. i took the psu fan config into consideration when i bought the 900 (or was it the other way around ?). either way, i was aware it was bottom mount psu install and bought accordingly. admittedly some overkill on my psu, but i'm happy with it.
Old September 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
MVP

I have the 900 and have enjoyed it alot...... I'd say the best thing about the case is, I no longer need to dust the living room, because all the dust gets sucked into the case!!! Least its all in one spot for me to find!!! LOL..... all in all, I like it...

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../275942807.jpg
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old October 16, 2007, 02:15 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Worst case ever! Go for the p182 as its much bigger and better.

It definately isn't the "worst case ever" LOL.

The airflow is good...

Could use longer case connectors but I got mine in np...maybe it depends on the Mobo.

I was looking at that guys in the gallery and I like what he did with the bottom... I am wanting to cut mine to now...
Old October 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
It definately isn't the "worst case ever" LOL.

The airflow is good...

Could use longer case connectors but I got mine in np...maybe it depends on the Mobo.

I was looking at that guys in the gallery and I like what he did with the bottom... I am wanting to cut mine to now...
What we did to that 900 was beyond what needs to be done to a case like that. The Coolermaster CM 690 puts the 900 to shame in EVERY way and I hope someone on here does a review of it.
Old October 16, 2007, 02:33 PM
Top Prospect

Yeah I was actually going to buy the CM 690 but the guy in the store sold me on the Antec900...hrmmm...CM690 is a nice looking case...I haven't worked with one yet so I cannot comment on one over the other. The only thing I didn't like about the 690 is the lack of a window thats it.
Old October 17, 2007, 08:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I got around to doing some work on mine:
Picasa Web Albums - JD - Antec 900

The backside with all the cables took some work to get it to fit though. Ended up putting the main ATX connector on the otherside along with any unused cables I tucked under the bottom hard drive cage as I left a 5.25" bay free below it.

Used tools I had lying around, small little 1.25" hole-saw and tin snips. Bought some Tremcald Black Semi-Gloss spray paint. I liked how it turned out though. Took about a week to do in my spare time. Some of the holes really shouldn't have been so big since I thought the ATX connector would fit behind and I was going to use an IDE DVD-RW but decided to get a SATA one just before I put it all together.

I think I got to paint my DVD-RW though, totally doesn't match.
Old October 17, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looking at other pictures of this case makes the inside look very tight especially if you want to water cool and keep things (water cooling hidden) thats to bad because I don't mind the looks of this case