Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9, 2009, 06:18 AM
Trial Member

Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
Man, if you plan on sticking a mATX board into a HAF 932 that's going to look ridiculous! Not to mention it'll be a total waste of space. If you're into going to LAN parties often then I think you should go for the Tt Lanbox.

I went from a CM Stacker 810 to a Thermaltake Element G and I don't regret it at all! It's a beautiful case all around with great features and exellent cooling. I was debating between it and others like the CM Storm Sniper, CM HAF 922 and Silverstone Raven. I eventually decided I didn't want the Raven because it's price was a bit too high and I didn't want another full tower. I decided against the Sniper and HAF 922 because they both don't have black interiors, and no fans on their side panels.

For features, quality, and price I think the Element G is one of the best deals out there. I'm surprised that not too many people have them.

Not meaning to threadjack but hows the wire managment in the Element G? and whats the distance between the back i/o panel and the hard drive bays? enough room for a GTX260?
Old September 10, 2009, 04:44 AM

My System Specs

Go big or go Home...

Picked up the HAF-932 yesterday... It looks hilarious with my mATX board and Freezer 7 Pro cooler in there but it sure has plenty of airflow!!!!

I will be either upgrading to i5 soon or watercooling the current setup(or both) so I wanted to make sure i'd have plenty of room.

Tons of room for all the unused power cables out of my TX750 also.

Install was a breeze, 3-pin connectors on all the fan was a pleasant surprise so they were easily connected to my Scythe fan controller.

The LEDs in the front fans will be easily changed also, i'm going for a Blue/White look. LEDs in the top and side fan can easily be added also.

Those are all winter projects. Something I would not have been able to do with my Antec 900. In short, I really like it! Quiet too!
Is smoke supposed to come out of there?
Old September 10, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Go for the 932 if you intend to watercool. I just picked up a 922 and I was hoping it would be taller.

Oops, I see you made a choice, a good one too.
Old September 12, 2009, 10:07 PM

My System Specs

Glad you didn't go with the obsidian... Its a massive black box, looks more like a dresser or credenza than a computer!