Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Allstar

Just my 2cents but I would choose this kit before the Corsair anyday.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=NCIX
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
4870x2
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd
Old August 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_Madrach View Post
Just my 2cents but I would choose this kit before the Corsair anyday.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=NCIX
Same here.
Old August 12, 2007, 11:41 PM
Top Prospect

I would like to see some picture of the NCIX WC system in use if anyone has pics that would be cool... get it... cool haha
1 Primary Raptor X 150 gig + 2 150 gig Raptors in RAID 0,
Swiftech H20-220 Ultra with a Stealth GPU water block,
Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC 24" monitor,
Lian Li V2000 Plus Case slightly modded,
Steelseries Akari Laser Gaming Mouse, Razor Tarantula keyboard,
AuzenTech Prelude Sound Card,
Pioneer VSX-1016TXV receiver with Bose 301's,
AKG K240 Phones, Blue Snowflake USB Microphone.
Old August 14, 2007, 01:54 AM
Top Prospect

I would really like to discuss installation proceedures for the http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=NCIX

I am a little skeptical about going with the "Essentials" water cooling due to this being my first WC system.

Now I look and the Corsair COOL or the Swiftech and I see a nice and easy system to install. Now the the Essentials I will have to do some customizing which I'm not sure I am at that level to be doing. plus any F ups and $$$ bye bye. That can not happen.

Lets talk...

Studying the cooling system this is what I would want to do

1. Mounting the rad on my V2000. I would want to mount the rad in the same way as swiftech did in this pic. Only I would have the rad reversed . http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/sidew...apexultra1.gif

There shouldn't be any problem have the fans mounted on the opposite side as in the Swiftech picture, correct? For instance the Swiftech hoses come off the rad (facing the case and go directly into it. Where as I would have the hoses facing away from the case curve around then go into it. I wouldn't be able to set it up the way they have it due to the nature of the case.

Ideally I would like to have the hoses go in and out of my case through an expansion port access at the back of the computer. (Like the Corsair and Swiftech models that I am currently still considering)

I was looking at my in/out shield at the back of my computer, being that I have an EVGA 680i there isn't a printer port which could be essentially drilled and used as an access area for the hoses.
Or............... I could drill a couple holes just above the 120 rear exhaust fan at the back of the case. This would only be done and I repeat ONLY be done if nothing else is feasible.

Now I really like the 5.25" drive bay mounted reservoir. This to me seems super efficient and hidden. Gawd knows I have enough spare bays having the V2000II.... Oh yeah.... Plus. Other then the 5.25" drive bay mounted res's how would to mount the res that come with the NCIX Essential WC system?

Now the pump, where would be a good place to mount a pump in this case?

Eagerly awaiting responses. Please keep in mind when flaming me that I am a noob to WCing world so be gentle.

Thanks
1 Primary Raptor X 150 gig + 2 150 gig Raptors in RAID 0,
Swiftech H20-220 Ultra with a Stealth GPU water block,
Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC 24" monitor,
Lian Li V2000 Plus Case slightly modded,
Steelseries Akari Laser Gaming Mouse, Razor Tarantula keyboard,
AuzenTech Prelude Sound Card,
Pioneer VSX-1016TXV receiver with Bose 301's,
AKG K240 Phones, Blue Snowflake USB Microphone.
Old August 14, 2007, 08:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think you could keep everything inside the massive case. I'm nearly positive I've seen your case with dual 120mm rad stuck inside it. I think people put it in the top or bottom.
Old August 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You will have to mod the case with either kits installed, for sure. There are some many WC kits out there that a case manufacturer cannot add provisions for all those kits.

Adding a WC kit is relatively easy to do. Just take your time, start with a dry run first, locating the res, rad, pump and block inside the case. Then create the hose routing using a length of hose. This will allow you to properly locate all components, making sure there are no issues.

Remember to locate the pump at the lowest location possible - if not, the res has to be located higher than the pump. Next try to have the rad inlet and outlet located on top - easier to bleed the system.

Standard loop: res - pump - rad - CPU block - back to res. Also buy another length of hose - there is nothing worse than missing 6" of hose to complete the loop.

Hope this helps.

John