Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Corsair Obsidian 800D - YouTube Special Sneak Peak (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/22254-corsair-obsidian-800d-youtube-special-sneak-peak.html)

FiXT August 24, 2009 05:13 PM

Corsair Obsidian 800D - YouTube Special Sneak Peak

Hey Folks! Just wanted to let people know we have a special sneak peak at the Corsair Obsidian 800D Chassis up on YouTube! There has been so much hype surrounding it, and given that it should be hitting shelves VERY soon, we wanted to make sure people were informed!

It is basically a rough unboxing/overview style video and we expect that our typical product showcase review will debut later this week. Also there may be a slight mistake in the video - it was mentioned that the "hot swappable" connection may not use modules, but just regular ole' cables instead. This MAY not be true as it appears Corsair might have mistakenly forgotten to install the hot swap modules (which would make the most sense)

Enjoy!

Kylzer August 24, 2009 05:15 PM

Damn that looks great and price is not to bad either.

miggs78 August 24, 2009 05:22 PM

You know we love you guys for these things right, if you don't.. now you do.. WE LOVE YOU :p

Case looks promising for sure, interesting design to put a 140mm fan blowing air in for the hdds.. FixT is it you who sneak peeked it, if it is, one question, is there room for a top mounted psu.. One thing I liked about this case is (there might be, I haven't seen though) of having 3 120mm fans up top, right out of the box.. enough space for even a feser rad with fans blowing out to be fitted there, and man those are some many cutouts they have for wire management..

Nodscene August 24, 2009 05:33 PM

Any chance I can call dibbs when/if you guys put this up for sale :)

Babrbarossa August 24, 2009 05:36 PM

Can you say how high the hot-swappable drive bay section is? Does it look like it can b easily removed?

Signal2Noise August 24, 2009 05:39 PM

Big full page ad for it in the latest October issue of Maximum PC.

*sigh*...I wish I had the space for a third desktop....:sad:

JMCD August 24, 2009 06:01 PM

Very nice, still haven't bought my new case yet. I'm pretty sold on the Raven, I will however wait until this is released (full review) before I decide. I think the extra 100 bucks will turn me off of it though.

silent1mezzo August 24, 2009 06:43 PM

Wish I had money for WC....That case wouldn't be fully utilized without it...

steers August 24, 2009 08:06 PM

I am so unbelievably pumped for this case to be released so I can finally start my new build. It's been 3 years now since I've gotten a new computer, and upwards of 6 since I last built one for myself. I can't wait :punk:

JMCD August 24, 2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steers (Post 244465)
I am so unbelievably pumped for this case to be released so I can finally start my new build. It's been 3 years now since I've gotten a new computer, and upwards of 6 since I last built one for myself. I can't wait :punk:

Judging by your sig, I think you just may be drooling already :P