Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2009, 09:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Don't know if it's just me but the majority of it the blacks are far too dark, so its rather impossible to see any of the fine details that you mention. However near the end when you talk about the radiator, it's far brighter and I'm able to see all the details.

Good preview though, however as much as I love the functionality of it internally, I'm not really digging the outside of it, nor the mainly steel construction. I honestly can't imagine moving this case once it's fully loaded with a watercooling setup. Would definitely need some wheels on it. As for the outside, I just wish it wasn't so square. I like the rounded edges that Silverstone/Lian Li do, just makes look less like a boring box.
Old August 24, 2009, 09:23 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Can you say how high the hot-swappable drive bay section is? Does it look like it can b easily removed?
Hey Bab's

The section for the hot-swap is secured in there. It is part of the case and can't be removed. Your also not able to take off the back to use the space if you have no hard drive's in there :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1mezzo View Post
Wish I had money for WC....That case wouldn't be fully utilized without it...
Agree'd 100% - Having this case with a simply air cooling does not do it justice. It seems to be really weel laid out for watercooling without any modifications it would be painful to not utilize it. That said it is pretty dead sexy and I wouldn't blame someone if they bought it even with air cooling :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
is there room for a top mounted psu.. One thing I liked about this case is (there might be, I haven't seen though) of having 3 120mm fans up top, right out of the box.. enough space for even a feser rad with fans blowing out to be fitted there, and man those are some many cutouts they have for wire management..)
Did you mean room for a top mounted rad. I definitely don't think it would fit a full sized ATX power supply, but a top mounted triple rad is no problems, and it should be able to fit a triple rad inside WITH fans inside without issue. This is something we will be covering in the full video review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Don't know if it's just me but the majority of it the blacks are far too dark, so its rather impossible to see any of the fine details that you mention. However near the end when you talk about the radiator, it's far brighter and I'm able to see all the details.
Ya :( Unfortunately It was actually HARDER to do a quicker review as I had to revise the scheme for how I filmed, the lighting etc. I was using camera settings for a different lighting setup so long story short, you will notice that some of the bits have very black blacks, and others are more normalized.

Sorry about this, it really was a short preview though, a couple hours to toss together rather than the typical 30+

The full product showcase will definitely be better

Last edited by FiXT; August 24, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old August 24, 2009, 09:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

I sent Corsair an email about the space between the motherboard and the top of the case to see what you could fit, and they said:
"I measured a case which has the EVGA X58 motherboard installed and there was 10-10.5 centimeters between the top of the case and the top of the motherboard."

Which gives you enough room for a BIX and 38mm fans!
Old August 25, 2009, 05:07 AM
MVP
F@H

This case looks very very nice! Thanks for the sneakpeak!
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Thermaltake Armor
Corsair TX850W
Mushkin HP3 2x2GB DDR3
Samsung SATA DVD-RW

MSI GeForce GTX 275 Twin Frozr
Old August 25, 2009, 05:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Thanks Fix.. Yea I meant a top mounted PSU, rad was not an issue, you mentioned that in the sneak peek.. Can't wait for the review :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old August 25, 2009, 09:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Ya :( Unfortunately It was actually HARDER to do a quicker review as I had to revise the scheme for how I filmed, the lighting etc. I was using camera settings for a different lighting setup so long story short, you will notice that some of the bits have very black blacks, and others are more normalized.
Ah no worries. I know it's tough to do things quickly, especially getting proper lighting and camera settings, just wanted to make sure it would get fixed in the final.
Old September 1, 2009, 11:50 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I couldn't stand the wait any longer, I needed to do something to take the edge off my craving for this chassis; I finally bit the bullet and placed my preorder at NCIX. All I need to do now is sit back, relax, and wait (im)patiently for the Purolator man to show up at my door. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures once it arrives, but I can't promise that they'll be that great

I really hope it's released soon. For too long has Corsair been the Lucy to my Charlie Brown.

---
Bob - Core i3 530 | Gigabyte H55N-USB3 | 4GB DDR3 | Corsair H50 w/ TFC Triebwerk | Silverstone SG06
Old September 5, 2009, 09:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I really like this case but its so darn expensive.
I can't get my head around the price and the sick part is I think Its worth it

Old September 6, 2009, 09:07 AM
Top Prospect

whoever is speaking in the video has a hardcore Canadian accent ;)
Old September 6, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Now stock AT NCIX :) why did I just bought a new ATCS :( what a mistake I have done...

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||